Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Nigerian Freelancers

Highlighted
Alo O Member Since: Jan 23, 2020
101 of 113
Thanks a lot for your response..

I need your help please!! I was submitting proposals and on my first day on Upwork which was about 4 days ago, I got two contracts. Since then I havent gotten another.

I believe it's my cover letter which is not good enough.

Please, can you help me? Do you have any cover letter template you use which I can follow and edit for my usage? Please help a brother. Thank you!!
Highlighted
Chelsea O Member Since: Dec 14, 2019
102 of 113
You landed your first two jobs on your first day. Be grateful for that first. Never stop being grateful for that. When you hear the stories of others, you would know it's a testimony. Secondly, don't give up. You got your first jobs easily. Now you have to push harder. Keep trying.

Improve your cover letter and keep trying.
Highlighted
Alo O Member Since: Jan 23, 2020
103 of 113
Wow!! Thanks for this response.. I so much appreciate that. I’ll keep working harder and hoping for the best. Thanks a lot!
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016
104 of 113

Hi Alo,

First of all "NEVER USE TEMPLATES FOR YOUR PROPOSALS". Write a unique proposal that fits  each job description.

You got two jobs on your first day, I think that calls for celebration. I signed up on Elance(ODesk, before Upwork bought it) in 2011, I got my first job in 2016. That was what actaully made me start this thread back then. But here we are, our jobs and reviews are speaking for us.

I'd advice you to keep writing great proposals selling yourself and your skills, how you will handle the job and how soon you will deliver. You may mention your tools and years of experience. Trust me your clients are out there.

Kind regards,

Akinbode A.

Highlighted
Olufemi A Member Since: Feb 25, 2020
105 of 113
Hi,
I am less than a month here but my experience is quite different. I had written some proposals and I have a potential client who requested for my sample.
Highlighted
Goodluck D Member Since: Mar 27, 2020
106 of 113
Am new here pls how do I get jobs
my name is Goodluck Didia..am a social media marketer and i can help promote your profile,page and business to prospective audience for just $15 payment.. I also help boost sales on social media..
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016
107 of 113

Hi Goodluck,

You are welcome to Upwork. The two ways of getting jobs is by application and invitation. You apply for jobs to land one, deliver an awesome service and keep good relationship so your client can hire you for same type of job. These are the two major ways I know of. Learn some proposal writing skills to have a better chance.

Kind regards and goodluck,

Akinbode A.

Highlighted
GIft F Member Since: Apr 10, 2020
108 of 113
Good Evening, I am new to Upwork. I need help with a sample of a good cover letter. Regards
Highlighted
Olumide A Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
109 of 113
Hi, Welcome.
You should be able to find various examples on the internet, but I'd advise
you keep it at a maximum of 90words. I always keep it within this template:

(Short Greeting/Acknowledgement)
(Your Experience with the kind of job posting)
(Example of similar jobs you've done (portfolio))
(Conclude with something like: "ill be more than happy to answer any more
questions you have for me in and interview")
(Thank you)

I hope this helps.
-Agbaje-Daniels
GIft F Member Since: Apr 10, 2020
110 of 113
Can i get a Job that it Location is in Africa
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS