Nigerian Freelancers

Highlighted
Olumide A Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
111 of 119
Hi, Welcome.
You should be able to find various examples on the internet, but I'd advise
you keep it at a maximum of 90words. I always keep it within this template:

(Short Greeting/Acknowledgement)
(Your Experience with the kind of job posting)
(Example of similar jobs you've done (portfolio))
(Conclude with something like: "ill be more than happy to answer any more
questions you have for me in and interview")
(Thank you)

I hope this helps.
-Agbaje-Daniels
Highlighted
GIft F Member Since: Apr 10, 2020
112 of 119
Can i get a Job that it Location is in Africa
Highlighted
Tochukwu O Member Since: Feb 15, 2019
113 of 119
How do you guys get your clients I have applied for several jobs yet no response.
Highlighted
Abdul R Member Since: Mar 16, 2020
114 of 119

Hi Tochukwu,

Hope you are fine. Try to apply in a small project first like $5 or $10. And always check the client is they are good client or just using upwork as a fun. Sometimes people just post a job and they never come back for check there profile. So always check on right side clients feedback and hiring rate. If hiring rate is up 50% it means client is legit. Always check hiring rate of the client.

Highlighted
Chinenye A Member Since: Jan 19, 2020
115 of 119
Thanks
Highlighted
Lewis O Member Since: Jan 27, 2020
116 of 119
Hello, I have been unable to buy connects with my atm card. What do I do?
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
117 of 119

Hi Lewis,

I checked, and it seems like the decline error was from your bank. Please contact them so that they can check and assist you further. You may also consider using another billing method. To see the options available to you, click here.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ade O Member Since: Aug 23, 2020
118 of 119

Hello I am new here.

I have some questions. Let me try to be as clear as possible. Ok so the job is for an executive assistant role (so basically no tangible deliverables. I just have to perform admin assistant services to client... respond to mails, take meeting notes etc).

Client wasn't clear on how long it will run for but when I asked she said a month initially but she may renew at the end of the month if she is happy with my services. The job is a fixed price contract for $xxx.

I submitted the proposal and set 2 milestones. Milestone 1 to be paid halfway through the month if client is happy with my services (so 2 weeks into the project) and Milestone 2, to be paid at the end of the month if there is no renewal (2 weeks after milestone 1).

She sent an offer now. It shows that the full amount is in the escrow account. On the offer I can only see one milestone. There is also no date anywhere of when I am to receive the milestone payment.

Am I being unreasonable to ask that she includes the 2 milestones I originally sent in the proposal. Am I also being funny to insist that she includes in the offer the exact date she needs to pay me the complete amount if happy with my services or will that be detailed in the contract.

Highlighted
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
119 of 119

Hi Ade,

I suggest that you further discuss with your client the terms of the contract you both agreed upon. On a Fixed-Priced contract, all deliverables and deadlines are set during the interview process and you can submit a milestone for payment at any time when said deliverable is completed. Based on the nature of your project, I'd say an hourly contract is more advisable. Feel free to have a look at this help article where you'll be able to see the difference between those. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS