🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No Client Response during interview
Page options
aqib-owais
Community Member

No Client Response during interview

Hey, I am an experienced graphics designer. I just came on UPWORK recently 1 month ago.

I need 2 suggestions:
1. I have submitted many proposals. I got interview call from clients. But they frequently are not responding just after 1 or 2 messages of "Hello" or " Hi, I will be back." etc.

2 out 10 are responding. 8 are not responding. 😞

I waited for them for many days, and  messaged them several times. But still no reply. Is there anything wrong in my profile or anything else? Need Suggestion. I am really sad about client's response.

2. I need you to just go through my Upwork profile and suggest me improvements in it. I will really appreciate your kind gesture.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Please suggest me improvements if you have or let me know that which part you loved most.

Waiting,
Aqib Awais
Graphics Designer

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Aqib,

If a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned. We understand this isn’t ideal, and we regularly reach out to clients who have open job posts to encourage them to close them if they don’t intend to hire. Because we know the move to paid Connects has made this issue more important, we have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Aqib,

I understand that it can be disappointing not to hear back from clients after you submit a proposal. It may take a while to win jobs, but hopefully, this will not discourage you to continue doing your best. You may want to check the following resources to help you improve your profile and create a winning proposal:

How to Create a Proposal that Wins Jobs 

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

How to Create a Profile Intro Video

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

How to Create a More Successful Portfolio

A How-To Guide for Your Profile Picture

We know that sharing your past work is important. Therefore, you can share links to external portfolios when you submit a proposal. Note: We understand external portfolios may include contact information, it is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork. You also have the option to add portfolio items to your Upwork profile. Please let us know if you have any questions. We're here to help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Alright I understand. Thanks for the quick response.

Then why should Upwork devise a policy that if the client does not hire any of freelancer after posting job, or does not reply after calling for  interviewing the CONNECTS should be refunded to the freelancers.

Yeah, I understand. I always acknowledge clients to have conversation and project details over here on Upwork.

Because it is definitely making us wastage of connects.
Is there anything like that Upwork has devised? To refund proposals etc.

Aqib

Hi Aqib,

If a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned. We understand this isn’t ideal, and we regularly reach out to clients who have open job posts to encourage them to close them if they don’t intend to hire. Because we know the move to paid Connects has made this issue more important, we have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members