While logged into my freelancer account, I searched for my name 'Ela K' to check something. I am NOT using a VPN and I'm not hiding my IP. Then this happens:
1) I see the below image. ??? I select to "search anywhere".
2) I find my profile on page 2 looking like this (marked as online):
Despite having selected invisible from day 1. Oh, and the notification issue is still not resolved (orange dot visible at all times).
3) And I can now choose to narrow my search to US-only freelancers (again, logged in as a freelancer).
BTW: 9 out of 10 people on page 1 are located in the US and only one (the very first FL) mentions Ela on their profile).
4) When I search for my full name, only my profile comes up.
5) The US-only filter didn't disappear after logging out & in again. I opened an incognito window and the filter was there. I cleared cache & cookies, then logged in again: the US-only filter is still there.
What in the world is Upwork meddling with now?
Thanks for the detail report, it may be a glitch. I just escalated this to our technical support and the team that is in charge for this feature.
I can confirm that nothing is scheduled for this weekend, when we get additional information we will let you know.
@Mary W wrote:
If I search for Mary W, I don't even show up at all, with or without filters...
That suits a serial killer just fine, doesn’t it, Mary?
Learn more about our awesome Community member Lisa!Learn More
Virtual Talent Bench enables you to easily discover and connect with talent. Learn more about building custom lists of talent, adding tags, notes, and more to move your business forward.Learn More
Loom addition in messages provides more ways to easily communicate and share information on Upwork!Learn More
Beginning Your Freelancing Journey on UpworkLearn More