🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No Interviews or Invitations
Page options
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

No Interviews or Invitations

I haven't gotten any interviews since March even though I'm submitting proposals. It is quite uncommon because this does not happen to me. Before I'll get at least one interview for every 3 or 5 proposals I submit. But since March, I've submitted enough proposals yet not a single interview

I've not received a single invitation for the past 2 months. Before I'll receive at least 10 - 20 invitations in a month. Some of my contracts were through invitation. 

I need someone to go through my profile and tell me what I'm doing wrong for the past 2 months. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mikado767
Community Member

Hi David,
Well, I'm experiencing a similar issue now. It looks like Upwork has modified its search algorithm again to boost people from certain regions in the search results (which seems kind of unfair). Also, probably there is some impact from this new Boost Proposal feature because a lot of people burn their Connects in order to get higher in the job post proposals list from the clients' side. In my opinion, this is a strange approach because it shows higher not the most relevant freelancers but the ones who just wanted to pay more for their bid. Not sure if it's good for clients too, it makes the selection process less clear for them.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
nyonomega0
Community Member

Hi,

I just checked your profile and I think it looks very good overall. There really isn't much that can be improved.

But here's some advice that I believe should work for you - make your earnings public. Trust me, it'll make a difference.

Thank You.

But I also know that clients I submit proposals to can see my earnings

Hi Sushant,

Would you mind checking out my profile?

I am facing the same issue. Can you please check my profile? 
I am not getting any invitations from last two months. I enjoyed two months of getting invitations almost on dailay basis and now I am not getting any invitiation not getting interview after everytime I bid for projects on upwork. How to fix this issue. 

Thanks.

mikado767
Community Member

Hi David,
Well, I'm experiencing a similar issue now. It looks like Upwork has modified its search algorithm again to boost people from certain regions in the search results (which seems kind of unfair). Also, probably there is some impact from this new Boost Proposal feature because a lot of people burn their Connects in order to get higher in the job post proposals list from the clients' side. In my opinion, this is a strange approach because it shows higher not the most relevant freelancers but the ones who just wanted to pay more for their bid. Not sure if it's good for clients too, it makes the selection process less clear for them.

You're right about the regional advantage given to some freelancers

Sadly, this is significantly more than just an advantage. About 60% of search results are freelancers from one particular region now.

I totally agree with you, new Boost Proposal feature is a bad choice. The first time they incorporated this system (some months ago) the same thing happened to me.
Before Boost Proposal feature, out of 10 jobs applied, I got 4-5 responses. Now, with this new system, out of 10 proposals, no response.
I don't know about the algorithm, but I can see that there are much fewer work proposals per hour than there were before.
I hope someone listens to us

I'm afraid that's a bad sign if they decided to implement this feature after the earlier tests you've mentioned here. Probably this means they had positive income-increasing reports. So this feature will probably stay, especially if most part of the community is ok with it.

a_lipsey
Community Member

And March would coincide with that 4.0 feedback on your profile and probably your JSS dropping to 89%? I would guess that, considering the fierce competition, this is one PART of the reason. You will have to write extremely strong proposals to counteract that 89%. I would read up or watch some credible videos on developing strong proposals and see how you can tweak yours to be stronger. 

My JSS dropped to 89% last Sunday, I'm talking about 2 months in a row. By the way, I still got invites & interviews when my JSS was 80%. My JSS has been 91% from Mid February until the last JSS update. 

chillynguyen
Community Member

Some days ago, I read an article from an Expert-vetted reported facing this too. He is the first Expert-vetted I've ever seen in Upwork. That bagde shows that he represents the top 1% of talent here. If he faces that too, I think the reason does not lies in you.

Nhu Nhu N wrote:

Some days ago, I read an article from an Expert-vetted reported facing this too. He is the first Expert-vetted I've ever seen in Upwork. That bagde shows that he represents the top 1% of talent here. If he faces that too, I think the reason does not lies in you.

That's false logic. Expert vetted is  a badge only seen by Enterprise clients. It's likely that most of the clients the OP is applying to are not Enterprise clients, so they wouldn't see the EV badge if he had it or not. Being Expert-Vetted, TR or TR+ does not mean that those freelancers don't have slow periods or even that good at proposals or optimizing their profiles. It's not hard to find a Top-Rated freelancer with a not so great profile. It doesn't take much to get these badges, honestly. 

That is not true. I have seen an expert vetted 

moonraker
Community Member

Quiet periods happen, often for no apparent reason.

I'm not saying it's not down to the boosting malarky, rather it's not necessarilly the case.

Then I guess this is my turn to experience this

faizigee
Community Member

I am also facing the same problem even though I am boosting the bid.

m4str0k
Community Member

Facing the same issue where i can't land jobs since January. the only jobs I worked on were with old clients of mine. other than that. it's been so quiet for me. I send professional proposals with no responses at all. and the clients don't hire anybody.

Upwork should return connects to providers when clients are not hiring. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members