🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No Justice to Old Freelancers
Page options
muhmasood
Community Member

No Justice to Old Freelancers

These new JSS updates are really baseless from upwork ... I dont know how they works actually I am very sure that People at upwork wont really know that how it works ,,, 

The info they shows us on the community or other areas these are not what actually effects our JSS the most. 

I am working on upwork from years now and they are making it hard for the old freelancers but other freelancing sites are helping old freelancers the most ... 

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
6 REPLIES 6
tlsanders
Community Member

How do you think it's any harder for old freelancers than...young ones? Newer ones? I'm not sure how you're using "old" here.

tlbp
Community Member

I'm still waiting to discover this fabulous freelancing site that is so much better. 🙄

Tonya P wrote:

I'm still waiting to discover this fabulous freelancing site that is so much better. 🙄

Of course you are asking for a friend, right Tonya!Smiley LOL

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
melaniekhenson
Community Member

Mr M wrote:

These new JSS updates are really baseless from upwork ... I dont know how they works actually I am very sure that People at upwork wont really know that how it works ,,, 

The info they shows us on the community or other areas these are not what actually effects our JSS the most. 

I am working on upwork from years now and they are making it hard for the old freelancers but other freelancing sites are helping old freelancers the most ... 

I think I get what you're saying. You believe that since you've been on Upwork a certain amount of time (or perhaps were on Elance/Odesk previously?), there should be some sort of different way to calculate JSS. A boost of some kind.

But the reality is that the client wants to know that the freelancer will perform today. Boosting JSS somehow (?) as a bonus for long-term freelancers would mean clients would be assuming the job would be done better than a noob. And that's definitely not automatically the case. 

The client wants the best possible job. S/he doesn't want to be part of a "thank-you" that artificially inflates someone's JSS. 

JSS is never going to be entirely accurate anyway. Grandfathering in a JSS boost would only make things murkier. Clients don't want to mess around with all this and they really don't like being what would be perceived as fooled into thinking a freelancer is a better performer, when in reality that freelancer has simply been around longer.

You're also saying you think private feedback is unfair and/or inaccurate. I actually think it was a lot less accurate when clients gave a bunch of stars just to keep freelancers off their backs after the job was done. Why was that the "better" way? Imagine if that were to come back again. You still wouldn't be perceived as "better" than your competition since they'd be artificially given high stars too. So this still wouldn't be a case of longtime freelancers getting some kind of bonus over others. It would accomplish nothing, really, except to sort of fool future clients.

So I can see why Upwork doesn't do either of these two things. As for the other sites that do, I can't imagine the clients wind up all that happy, but you should go ahead keep working on them as well. 

Tbh this is called being two faced... I know people used to ask for five star feedbacks...

Here something is simple...If a client is happy with the work then h/she can give 5.4.3.2.1 stars depends on what they think that is good for that work which is been done by the freelancer...
You are talking about that freelancer will be texting about the bad feedback and bla bla... There comes a block option...

One more thing I want to say that if A client gives 5 star public and less than 8 points at private then this effects the freelancer with a bad JSS rate... And that same clients hires the same freelancer on some other project but hey whyyyy????

If he/she was not happy with the work why they are hiring back???

I also know clients who dont even know about the prvt points and they dont even notice it... So there should be a proper way to teach the clients that hey it effects the freelancer very badly than your so called 5 stars...

One more thing that those projects that you are been hired and then they are been closed by the clients they also effects the JSS ... Like Whyyy? Even if its a client mistake or they wants to close it for some reason.
"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"

....and how is any of that more unjust to "old" freelancers than new ones?

The opposite is true. Established freelancers have 3 different calculation windows (and only the best one establishes the JSS) - Established freelancers have enough contracts for any one contract not to have a dramatic effect.

So the whole "old freelancers are hard done by" is actually nonsense.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths