🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No Last Name and Bank Verification
Page options
cahyadi_wieke
Community Member

No Last Name and Bank Verification

Hi Everyone!

I am facing this problem regarding my profile name not being matched with my bank account name since I only have first name and no last name. It has this notification "BANK VERIFICATION IN PROGRESS" on my "Get Paid" page. And also, I just updated my name in upwork profile to Wieke Wieke (a repetition to fiil in the "last name") and it is stated that it will take 48 hours to review my name change.

As I search this community forum regarding this problem, they mention to complete the W-8BEN form to verify you are not a US citizen. And I have filled this form using my legal name (my first name). So I want to make sure that all I need to do is wait for the 48 Hours verification for both my name change update and the bank verification, don't I? Or do I have to submit any identity card as a proof? I so, where can I submit it? 

Thank you in advance. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wieke,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You can use your formal salutation in the First Name field. So, the system would know you as Mr. or Mrs. Wieke. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wieke,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You can use your formal salutation in the First Name field. So, the system would know you as Mr. or Mrs. Wieke. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your reply. Yet, I think it is not the case with my problem here. Mine is due to the Bank Account Name Mismatch with my profile name account since I only have first name. So my Upwork profile name is "Wieke Wieke" and my bank account name is "Wieke". Do you have any suggestion to this kind of case?

Thank you.

Hi Wieke,

Thanks for following up. If you follow up on my suggestion from the previous post, the system will know you as Mr. or Mrs. Wieke and that would be unlikely to cause issues with adding your bank account. If by any chance it causes some issues, our team will notify you and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Oh I see. Well okay then, I will try this and update my salutation.

Thank you anyway.

Hi Alexander,
I only have a Single name on all my documents like on National ID card and Debit card. But I'm unable to continue without adding my last name in payment methods. I've attached a screenshot of the issue kindly help me ASAP

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your payment method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5ceb422b
Community Member

Hi, Bojan! I'm in need of help too. My upwork profile adapted the name on the email that I used on my email. I recently requested for name update and I'm still waiting for confirmation right after I submitted my banking information. I don't want to have my upwork profile blocked. I'm having a hard time looking for the page on where I can submit my IDs to verify my account. Thank you in advance!

Hi Kiko,

Just to confirm, you only have a first name, correct?

In cases like that this would suggest a user to use a formal salutation in the first name field (like Mr., Mrs, Ms.) and their name in the last name field. That would be unlikely to cause issues with adding your bank account. 

At the moment you don't have any pending verification. Once you`re required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
22ba0376
Community Member

Hi Goran, 

I am also facing this problem.

I want to complete the Identity Verification but My All IDs have only my first name. 

And last name field is mandatory to fill.

There is also a 7 days deadline.

Can I fill like Mr. in first name and my name in last name?

What should I do? Please help.

Hi Ajay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kumarmaheer
Community Member

Hi Goran V,

I am facing a serious issue when i uploaded the verification Id to verification that i don't have my last name As i read above reply can I add the (Mr,Mrs) in the first name & last name as my real name like Maheer right? Also please confirm Can i do this same to my profile name or keep it same or either i have to change profile name as well due to bank verification.

Please resolve this asap I have an error in retrieving payment. Email : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks

**Edited**

Hi Maheer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can use your formal salutation in the First Name field. The Upwork account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches so if our team finds an issue with your account, we will reach out to you with follow-up instructions on how to correct it.

Using honorifics like Dr., Mr., Mrs., etc. as part of your public name will not be approved by the system. In cases where the user does not have a last name, they can enter their first name in both the first name and last name fields.

~ AJ
Upwork
kumarmaheer
Community Member

Hi Annie Jane B,

I have already submit the request by adding Mr. in the first name & Add a legal name in the last name it will be a correct format please let me know.  Or its work on the banking verification section as well?

Also, i have got the mail we don't approve your name request please see the screenshot.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

PLease resolve this asap.

Hi Maheer,

It looks like you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
kumarmaheer
Community Member

Hi Annie Jane B,

Yes My request are open also i have completed the verification badge, Govt ID so for adding payment method my upwork name needed to be same on the bank account so please take my request & make my name Maheer only or either any other option how i make one legal name because i have only one legal name on my all documents.

Please resolve this asap.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members