Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notifications for messages

kaelyn6
Kaelyn L Member Since: Jul 26, 2016
1 of 6

Hey all,

I've been on Upwork for a few weeks now and had been pretty active. I still have open contracts and everything. The strange thing is that as of a few days ago it appeas I've stopped getting any messages from anyone at all. I've sent messages to clients, I've put out bids, I've done a whole bunch and got nothing back which isn't real common. So I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or something's broken so that I'm not getting messages. Odds are I'm probably just impatient but I can't help feeling like something is a little weird.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 6

Check email. It's a good backup when you don't see them in the message center. If nothing, then you got nuthin.

benoitlussier
Ace Contributor
Benoit L Member Since: May 16, 2016
3 of 6

@Jennifer M wrote:

Check email. It's a good backup when you don't see them in the message center. If nothing, then you got nuthin.

Allow me to bring this thread back to the original subject. I also thought that checking my emails was a backup, but since last night it appears it isn't. A client with whom I have an active contract has messaged me last night and I got nothing, although I did receive the message. I usually receive or see:

- an orange dot next to Messages on the website

- a popup from my browser (Safari notifications)

- a notification on my phone (Android)

- a notification on my tablet (iOS)

- an email

Again, I got nothing. It's still happening today. So just a heads up, you might want to keep a tab opened on the messages and check it regularly if you're waiting for a return from a client. I learned my lesson, and I'll definitely do that from now on. It created an unnecessary delay for the client who wanted to send the files to the printer ASAP. 

P.S.: I didn't open a ticket for that as I'm clearly not the only one with that issue, and Upwork is already aware of it. I did try to send feedback, but I get an error message when I click Send. If a moderator could please send this message to the proper people I would appreciate it.

benoitlussier
Ace Contributor
4 of 6

I posted this in another thread; sorry for the double post but I thought it was too important to have it hidden in a multi-page thread that got hijacked to complain about unrelated stuff. Luckily my client is understanding; it could have been a lot worse.

@Jennifer M wrote:

I also thought that checking my emails was a backup, but since last night it appears it isn't. A client with whom I have an active contract has messaged me last night and I got nothing, although I did receive the message. I usually receive or see:

- an orange dot next to Messages on the website

- a popup from my browser (Safari notifications)

- a notification on my phone (Android)

- a notification on my tablet (iOS)

- an email

Again, I got nothing. It's still happening today. So just a heads up, you might want to keep a tab opened on the messages and check it regularly if you're waiting for a return from a client. I learned my lesson, and I'll definitely do that from now on. It created an unnecessary delay for the client who wanted to send the files to the printer ASAP. 

P.S.: I didn't open a ticket for that as I'm clearly not the only one with that issue, and Upwork is already aware of it. I did try to send feedback, but I get an error message when I click Send. If a moderator could please send this message to the proper people I would appreciate it.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Benoit,

Please, note that notifications are sent when messages are not read. If you view a message shortly after it's delivered, notification for it will not be sent. If you didn't read it and the notification was still not sent, please submit a ticket request with details so the team could investigate.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
benoitlussier
Ace Contributor
6 of 6

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Benoit,

Please, note that notifications are sent when messages are not read. If you view a message shortly after it's delivered, notification for it will not be sent. If you didn't read it and the notification was still not sent, please submit a ticket request with details so the team could investigate.

Thank you.

Thank you, I'll do that. I know mot of them were not read as I was sleeping when I received them.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS