🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No Refunds on No Hire Contracts?
Page options
heltzel
Community Member

No Refunds on No Hire Contracts?

I thought that once Upwork rolled out the paid connects that connects would be refunded when a job was no-hire.

I have multiple jobs in my history with no hires and I've never seen a connect refund.

Am I missing something?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Eric H wrote:

I thought that once Upwork rolled out the paid connects that connects would be refunded when a job was no-hire.

I have multiple jobs in my history with no hires and I've never seen a connect refund.

Am I missing something?

Yes:

Returned Connects

Connects may be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse

Note: Withdrawing your proposal will not return your Connects.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Eric H wrote:

Am I missing something?

Yes:

Returned Connects

Connects may be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse

Note: Withdrawing your proposal will not return your Connects.

Thanks for the reply. Do we know what the logic is behind the refund of connects not applying to expired job job posts? That's what it looks like all of mine are.

If a client doesn't bother to hire, why would they bother to close the job?

Seems kinda shady of Upwork to take money from freelancers for what might be "fake" jobs where clients might just be trying to get prices. And how do we know an AI isn't creating these jobs so Upwork can get $0.30-$0.90 from all the applicants? Those pennies would add up fast. Very disappointed.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Eric H wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Do we know what the logic is behind the refund of connects not applying to expired job job posts? That's what it looks like all of mine are.

If a client doesn't bother to hire, why would they bother to close the job?

Seems kinda shady of Upwork to take money from freelancers for what might be "fake" jobs where clients might just be trying to get prices. And how do we know an AI isn't creating these jobs so Upwork can get $0.30-$0.90 from all the applicants? Those pennies would add up fast. Very disappointed.

There is plenty of logic behind it, and it's been discussed ad nauseum on this forum. If you are interested search the topic of connects on here and you'll see many, many conversations about it. 

petra_r
Community Member

Eric H wrote:

And how do we know an AI isn't creating these jobs so Upwork can get $0.30-$0.90 from all the applicants? 

Seriously? Even in 2020, which will likely go down as the year of the dumbest conspiracy theories, this one ranks somewhere alongside the flat earth theory.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths