🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No Replies To Proposals
Page options
nstarnes
Community Member

No Replies To Proposals

Hey all! I have been on this site for quite a while. I'm sending proposals left and right but I never hear anything back. I keep hearing that UpWork is a great place to look for freelance jobs but no matter how hard I try or what I change, I'm not getting responses. I'd really like to be successful on UpWork but can't if the clients aren't coming in. I don't have any reviews on UpWork but I have submitted screenshots of reviews I have on google of happy clients. 

By the way, today I changed my rate again. It used to be $20 per hour as suggested by someone else but I really think that's low for someone with my experience. I've done some research and most web developers on here make at least $50/hr. 

Can anyone help please?

1 REPLY 1
tlsanders
Community Member

Upping your rate may help. While it's not true that "most" web developers here charge $50+/hour (a great many charge $10 or less), bargain pricing puts you in the wrong category to be taken seriously by good clients. 

You will probably also see better results if you narrow your focus and stop sending proposals "right and left." You undoubtedly see dozens of jobs (or more) each day that you know you could do. That should not be your standard. Bid only on the handful of jobs where you have a clear reason to believe you are a better choice than the other experienced developers who will be bidding on that job. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members