🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No TIN in my country
Page options
annahk
Community Member

No TIN in my country

Hi everyone, 

Could you tell me, please what can I do if in my country there is no such thing as TIN for individuals. But to be able to withdraw my earnings I have to add it to my Upwork account.

If you don't know about the solution, could you tell me how I can contact Upwork customer service?

Regards

Anna

7 REPLIES 7
3bf56cc6
Community Member

don't worry about it start working on upwork only

ArjayM

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Arjay
Upwork
annahk
Community Member

Hi there, 

Upwork requires to update our tax info, and add tax number (TIN). The platform requires to complete that, otherwise, I won't be able to withdraw any earnings.

But I don't have one, as here in my country (Armenia) there is no such thing for individuals to have TIN.

Could you tell me, please how to solve this issue?

Regards
Anna

e8e59853
Community Member

Hello Anna,

I just wanted to know how (if) you managed to solve the TIN requirement for Armenians.
Once you connect with the support, they send a form at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf, which we are asked to fill out. However, there is a TIN field in that form as well, including other extra information that needs to be provided.

Should I just check the 6b - Check if FTIN not legally required - field?

Can you help with this?

Thanks

noemi_akopian
Community Member

Hi Anna,

I am also having this problem in Armenia. Were you able to find a solution? If so, please let me know how you did it. 

Thank you!

Hi.

could you solve this problem?

I have the same problem.

Hi Hamid,

The TIN is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members