🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No Warning on ID Expiration Coming Up, Al...
Page options
mefromson
Community Member

No Warning on ID Expiration Coming Up, All Proposals/Connects Canceled!

This is a heads up for the freelance community!

I am extremely upset with the "help" I received this week. My ID was verified, and then within a few days, due to being two weeks out from the ID's visible expiriation date which isn't the expiration, due to covid extensions, I was suspended. This includes placing a hold on active contracts, but more importantly, canceling any and all proposals placed, no matter how many connects you purchased in order to place the proposals in the first place. I have had to duplicate every single proposal I had placed.

I get it if an expiring ID is a problem. I don't get why I wasn't given any warning two days prior when someone was looking at the ID and talking with me to verify my identity. In today's economy, it's hard enough to have to pay to submit applications to jobs without having to do it twice. I recommend everyone check all their information submitted, because they're unwilling/unable to help reverse any of the damage done.

I already suggested they take a hard look at these "procedures [they] must adhere to", but since they won't do anything, it's on us to make sure we're all very aware of their limitations.

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marie,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I followed up with the team handling your case so you can receive an update on your open ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members