🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No Work Assigned by Client on an Hourly based...
Page options
rizwan-ts
Community Member

No Work Assigned by Client on an Hourly based Contract

Hi Community!

I have completed almost 8 jobs on Upwork and luckily got a chance to hunt an hourly-based job. I had a meeting with the client and all agreed on terms he offered a contract and we started the job. He shared the credentials to the website I was supposed to work on, I was waiting for the requirements as he said he will draft them and will share them soon. After that, I never got a reply from him, neither on Upwork nor on Skype as we are connected there as well. He gets active on Skype, sees my messages but never bothers to reply. 

I am in a situation where I have an hourly job in progress for the last 1 and a half months without any earnings or job hours. I am really confused that what should I do?
Should I end the contract or what?
Or should I keep it that way hoping that I will get a response?

Or what?

I hope to hear from the community as you people have always been helpful in problems.

Thank you in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Rizwan M wrote:

Or what?

It doesn't really matter, but I think it's fairly clear that the client doesn't really intend to work with you right now. You can close the contract or leave it open, but I would probably close it now if it's been a month and a half.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Rizwan M wrote:

Or what?

It doesn't really matter, but I think it's fairly clear that the client doesn't really intend to work with you right now. You can close the contract or leave it open, but I would probably close it now if it's been a month and a half.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths