cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to webcam for video Verification

Christian G Member Since: Jan 19, 2018
1 of 6

As the title says, I don't have acess to a webcam for vdieo verification. Haven't been able to figure out how to send a support ticket either as both of these articles have not been very helpful to my problem.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067788-Identity-Verification

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067878-Contact-Upwork-Customer-Support

If I could get some help or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 6

Hello Christian,

We're sorry to hear that. You may undergo video verification using your phone. If you still can't verify your identity using your phone, please respond to the email our representative just sent you so they can assist you. Thank you.

Untitled
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 6

Hi Christian, 

You should still be able to verify your identity even without a webcam. Please initiate the verification process by clicking on the button as shown on the image below. Once an agent is available please let him/her know that you do not have a webcam on your laptop/desktop. They will share the next steps on how you can verify your profile. 

Verify your profile.png

-Avery
Untitled
Anthony G Member Since: Jun 13, 2019
4 of 6

I'm having the same problem.  I just recently received an e-mail about video verification but I don't currently have any functioning camera.  Is there another way to fufill this verification requirement?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 6

re: "Is there another way to fufill this verification requirement?"

Upwork customer service can work with people to fulfill this requirement if they don't have a web cam that will work with the recommended video verification scenario.

re: "I'm having the same problem. I just recently received an e-mail about video verification but I don't currently have any functioning camera."

Anthony:

You might be able to get Upwork Customer Support to work with you on this, but it would probably be simpler just to use their recommended links with a web cam.

You live in Maryland. There are webcams in Maryland.

You can:

buy a webcam

borrow a webcam

go to the home of a friend or relative who has a webcam; or an iMac; or any computer with built-in cam

go to an Internet cafe

borrow a laptop (they all have webcams these days)

use a computer at a public library that has a webcam

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Anthony,

You can reply to the email from our team so that they can assist you on how you can proceed with the verification process. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS