🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No activity for a contract
Page options
7066bd9e
Community Member

No activity for a contract

I have an on-going contract ...but no activity for more than a month....i have previously completed 2-3 milestones...they are approved and i got the payment. Now what should i do? end it? let it be?..... I have tried to msg the client but no response....I am concerned about my JSS Smiley Indifferent

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Just close the contract yourself. Do it now.

It won't hurt your JSS.

Upwork's new policy is clear that closing contracts yourself and not getting any feedback does NOT hurt JSS.

JoanneP

Hi Neelma,

I can understand that it is really disappointing when your client is unresponsive. Preston is right, you have the option to end the contract if the client is unresponsive. You might want to check this announcement for more information about the recent update to JSS. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Neelma, I've had the same issue many times.

My usual clients are new businesses and we plan many milestones but after the first couple of milestones the client realizes a fundamental fault in the business and quits the project in anger and disappointment.

Then the project stays in a limbo.

What I do is:
- double-check that the client doesn't respond... 2 months is long enough time
- close the contract
- mark it "completed successfully"
- put appropriate feedback for the client

My JSS always stayed at 100%. The only thing I don't get is the client's review, obviously. But it doesn't matter much as everyone can see the amount of money paid which works as a confirmation of good job done in your profile.

So if you did the work properly, just do the same, keep your head up, and keep going! 👍
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths