🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No answer by the clients
Page options
soul-tuned
Community Member

No answer by the clients

Hi, my name is Antonio. I'm a new freelance plus member. 

My problem is that clients doesn't answer to me even after that I post a proposal.

So let me know, because I'm not shure that they can see my profile and portfolio.

Thank you.

Antonio

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Antonio and Onur,

Every beginning can be difficult and everyone, including new freelancers, experience highs and lows, but you shouldn't lose hope. You may want to consider checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork and this thread to help you get started. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
onurtopuz1618
Community Member

I have the same problem, man. I think I have filled my profile enough, but I cannot get a response from customers. This makes me feel so sad.

NikolaS

Hi Antonio and Onur,

Every beginning can be difficult and everyone, including new freelancers, experience highs and lows, but you shouldn't lose hope. You may want to consider checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork and this thread to help you get started. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi! Yes, for shure, but my problem is still that I am not shure if the problem is the quality of my portfolio, or some other necessity of the client. You know what I mean? I think, I would like to be able to speak or contact the client and have a real dialogue with them. Just one for the moment answered to me, saying that the things that he was looking for wasn't in my portfolio. 

So I feel too distance by the client in this platform. 

Let meknow, thank you very much for your attention. 

Antonio.

Antonio A wrote:

I think, I would like to be able to speak or contact the client and have a real dialogue with them. 

Clients get countless proposals. They don't have the time or the inclination to even read every proposal or check out every profile and portfolio, let alone "have a real dialogue" with dozens of applicants...

Ah... ok... thank you for your answer, but I think that the once thing that I can do is improve my skills and elaborate new portfolios... once problem is that i don't yet know the direction where i have to go.. I mean the style of drawing that the clients are looking for... may be they are very differents, so...

Antonio A wrote:

Ah... ok... thank you for your answer, but I think that the once thing that I can do is improve my skills and elaborate new portfolios... once problem is that i don't yet know the direction where i have to go.. I mean the style of drawing that the clients are looking for... may be they are very differents, so...

Clients will be looking for vastly different things, so your best bet is to include many examples of your prior work in your portfolio. 

tlbp
Community Member

Antonio A wrote:

The type of feedback you are seeking is not available on a freelancing platform. If you want to hone your marketing pitch and discover more about your potential clients, you will need to market yourself as an individual, not rely on a platform. Cold calling, interacting on social media, local networking are all methods to gather feedback to develop your business. Using a freelance platform is more like having a billboard that displays your best work and hoping someone chooses your number to call. 

If you are in graphic arts, know that this platform is highly competitive. Look at the gigs you've applied to--how many proposals did the client receive? It is possible that they never bothered to look at your proposal. That doesn't mean they didn't receive it. You can't force clients to look at every single bid. They look or they don't, they get bored, they find someone they like, they search elsewhere. You can't control any of that. (And, yes, it still costs you connects to try.)

You must weigh whether this is the place where you want to try your luck given all the plusses and minuses.  

IMO, the best thing any freelancer can do to advance their business is to study marketing. You can have plenty of skill but if you don't know how to promote yourself, freelancing will always be a struggle. 

soul-tuned
Community Member

Hi Tonya. Yes, I think you are right, but this platform seemed to me a good way to start, I'm an activ member just from 10 days so... And I think that is a good place to find a lot of different jobs for a freelance. So I will be more selective and pay more attention in manipulating my profile to show it. 

Thank you very much for your answer, anyway I'm going to read it better... I'm italian 🙂 

Hi. Antonio here. Last question: where can I see the complete list of proposal submitted by the other freelance in the same applied job as mine, I mean to have an Idea of the differents style that th client are valutating.

Thank you, let me know

Antonio A wrote:

Hi. Antonio here. Last question: where can I see the complete list of proposal submitted by the other freelance in the same applied job as mine

You can't.

Ok thank you petra, I understood I could...

And generally how much time pass before the client accept or decline a proposal...?

I'm waiting for 9 proposal...

Antonio A wrote:

Ok thank you petra, I understood I could...

No. On the Plus membership, all you can see is the price/rate of the highest bid still in the running, the lowest, and the average. 

Antonio A wrote:

And generally how much time pass before the client accept or decline a proposal...?

I'm waiting for 9 proposal...

In most cases you never hear anything either way, the proposals just sit there or quietly move across from active to archived proposals eventually. Don't "wait" - Send off your proposal and never even think about it again unless or until a clients gets back to you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths