🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No answers to my proposals.
Page options
msstudio
Community Member

No answers to my proposals.

Hello, community!

Please help me with an issue I have. Any advice will be appreciated.

I haven't been presented on the Upwork platform for a long period, a few years. I and my team had built a lot of big projects outside. But since I was not here my job progress even is not shown at all, even though I used to have some successful job in the past. So since I was not presented here it was declined. 
Now I'm back, and for two months I've sent a ton of proposals but received only a few replies. Anв even once I reply to client he disappears right after first message. So after about 200 proposals I've sent there was no hires. 
I'm not copypasting my proposal. I always try to revert with required ideas and relevant links to my work. I have a renewd my portfolio with some recent projects, but still nothing.

I know that creating new account is not a solution. 

So what would you suggest, what can help to break this wall?
Thanks in advance for your recomendations.

Best regards,

Vyacheslav.

2 REPLIES 2
filip_knezevic
Community Member

I think you can;t create a new account. It is what it is.

I can give you some advice that you probably already know, if you did your homework.

Make sure your proposals are short. Don't start telling the client about your self and your skills, tell them how can you attribute to their project. Ask some questions, if possible, to engage them in a conversation.

Don't underbid! Good clients will not even pay attention to people that are underbidding. Their logic is if you don't value your work, why would they.

Lastly, you are in a very, very crowded Upwork work category, and that is not helping you get a job. 😞 

HTH.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Vyacheslav S wrote:

Hello, community!

Please help me with an issue I have. Any advice will be appreciated.

I haven't been presented on the Upwork platform for a long period, a few years. I and my team had built a lot of big projects outside. But since I was not here my job progress even is not shown at all, even though I used to have some successful job in the past. So since I was not presented here it was declined. 
Now I'm back, and for two months I've sent a ton of proposals but received only a few replies. Anв even once I reply to client he disappears right after first message. So after about 200 proposals I've sent there was no hires. 
I'm not copypasting my proposal. I always try to revert with required ideas and relevant links to my work. I have a renewd my portfolio with some recent projects, but still nothing.

I know that creating new account is not a solution. 

So what would you suggest, what can help to break this wall?
Thanks in advance for your recomendations.

Best regards,

Vyacheslav.

Not only is creating a new account a serious violation, why would you want to throw away the history you have and the huge advantage this presents over other newcomers?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths