cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No any suitable bills to prove current location❗

m_o_z_g
Aleksandr D Member Since: Jan 12, 2016
1 of 16

Hi, today I have received the demand to provide my passport data and billing statement to prove my location. But I'm resident of Russia and not owner of the flat where I'm living now. That's why I don't receive any bills with my name on them. My bank can provide only account statement where it specify the name, balance and S/N of local passport without address.

They leave to me only five days and I don't know what to send them to fit their requirements.

Is there someone who met with the same situation? How did you handle it on UpWork?

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 16

@Aleksandr D wrote:

Hi, today I have received the demand to provide my passport data and billing statement to prove my location. But I'm resident of Russia and not owner of the flat where I'm living now. That's why I don't receive any bills with my name on them. My bank can provide only account statement where it specify the name, balance and S/N of local passport without address.

They leave to me only five days and I don't know what to send them to fit their requirements.

Is there someone who met with the same situation? How did you handle it on UpWork?

This is quite a dilemma.  Have you not received anything that was mailed to you on the flat that you're currently renting?  Have you applied for any loans?  Do you have any monthly bills?

m_o_z_g
3 of 16

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

Have you not received anything that was mailed to you on the flat that you're currently renting? 

I'm not renting it. I have registration in this flat, by formally owner is one of my parent. And bills contains only its name. And I didn't receive any Internet purchases on this address for last six months.

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

Have you applied for any loans?

Hm, I have credit card, but my bank dosen't provide any statements with the address. It's new rules, I have already asked about it few years ago. And I have never received any paper bills on my address from bank for 14 years.

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

Do you have any monthly bills?

I have but all the services doesn't send any paper bills. I just make monthly payments from credit card, and get the receipts digitally, and they doesn't contain address in any case. Just account number, S/N of local passport and other numbers from federal registry. Another services which sometimes shows the address in the emailed bills can't be a proof, because they just use what I write, with no check.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 16

Hi Aleksandr,

A billing statement you were asked to provide needs to showy the name and contact information (email, website, address or phone number) of the company or bank that issued the document. Please communicate with our team through your open ticket and submit a document that fits the above-mentioned characteristics.

Untitled
m_o_z_g
5 of 16

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Aleksandr,

Please communicate with our team through your open ticket and submit a document that fits the above-mentioned characteristics.

They are answering too long (~13 hours), not good format for dynamically discussion. The problem is I don't have any paper documents which fits to next characteristics:

• Your name and address must be visible.
  • The utility company or bank address information must be visible.

At least not recent and I can't simply get something like this.

vladag
Community Manager
6 of 16

Hi Aleksandr,

Do you have any online billing statements that you can submit?

Untitled
m_o_z_g
7 of 16

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Aleksandr,

Do you have any online billing statements that you can submit?

Yes, but they doesn't contain address.

Some other billings, where address is, are too old, and can't be a proof, because it's just private companies who writes any submitted info just for internal needs.

vladag
Community Manager
8 of 16

Hi Aleksandr,

I'm sorry but you'll need to provide a bank or credit card statement, utility bill or any other monthly bill in order for our team to verify your identity.

Untitled
m_o_z_g
9 of 16

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Aleksandr,

I'm sorry but you'll need to provide a bank or credit card statement, utility bill or any other monthly bill in order for our team to verify your identity.

As I said before I don't receive any bills from bank where address and name are showed on the document. I don't get any bills from bank at all. Only rental bills from local autorities, but not on my name.
My bank is providing only this document. It contain S/N of local passport, if your "team" could compare S/N from passport scan with residence permit and S/N from such document that I can get in any day, then no problem. But can they?

vladag
Community Manager
10 of 16

Hi Aleksandr,

Please communicate with the agent handling your case and provide the document you copied in your post, since we can't advise on the validity of your document in the Community.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS