No client history in direct offers

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
11 of 40
This widget could not be displayed.

@Petra R wrote:

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Margarete,

I can confirm we don't share share clients' address details for privacy reasons. 

What about this?

• Information about Clients and Agencies Shared with Freelancers: If you have entered into a service contract with another user, we may provide him/her with your name, address, or tax ID or VAT number in order to complete the transaction or to facilitate the resolution of a claim or dispute. The user receiving your information is not allowed to use it for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly consented to it.

Not sticking to ones own rules, lost in argumentation and forgotten to adapt the TOS to Upwork's practice. This has to be fixed very fast!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 40

@Margarete M wrote:

What about this?

• Information about Clients and Agencies Shared with Freelancers: If you have entered into a service contract with another user, we may provide him/her with your name, address, or tax ID or VAT number in order to complete the transaction or to facilitate the resolution of a claim or dispute. The user receiving your information is not allowed to use it for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly consented to it.

Not sticking to ones own rules, lost in argumentation and forgotten to adapt the TOS to Upwork's practice. This has to be fixed very fast!

Margarete, I'd keep asking and ask to be escalated to a team lead and then (if need be) management. The privacy policy and ToS explicitely allow Upwork to pass on the name, address, or tax ID or VAT number where the freelancer has a legitimate reason to request them. You have a legitimate reason.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
13 of 40

Hi Margarete,

I apologize for providing incorrect information for the scenario you mentioned, I'll follow up with our team regarding your request.

The question raised on this thread was regarding freelancers accessing prospective clients' details in case of direct offers, without a previous relationship between the two parties. Again I'm sorry for my oversight but would like to ask you to start a new thread in case your comment is not directly related to the topic of the discussion.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
14 of 40

Vlad, that thread already exists: 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/I-need-name-and-address-of-my-clients-from-the-EU-and-ot...

I also asked about the cases where CS refused to give information about the clients we had already worked with. Because I knew this issue still hadn't been settled. So, not off-topic.

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
15 of 40

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Rene,

Our team is working on adding client details to direct job offers. I see you took appropriate steps and messaged your client before accepting the offer. To access the client's details, please contact Customer Support and our team will share all the relevant information they can about this client.

While your team is doing this, can they also change the way the "respond to invite page" shows up. When I accept an invitation, a screen pops up that blocks all the information about the job. A lot of time, I need to check something aobut the job and I can't. I can close the acceptance screen but then I lose everything I wrote. Right now, I have to copy everything I wrote, close the screen, check the information I need, hit the accept button again, and then paste the copied material I just wrote. This is a bit of a pain.

Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 40

@David G wrote:

While your team is doing this, can they also change the way the "respond to invite page" shows up. When I accept an invitation, a screen pops up that blocks all the information about the job. A lot of time, I need to check something aobut the job and I can't. I can close the acceptance screen but then I lose everything I wrote. Right now, I have to copy everything I wrote, close the screen, check the information I need, hit the accept button again, and then paste the copied material I just wrote. This is a bit of a pain.

It is a bit of a pain, that's why I keep the invite in another tab so I can just go back and forth at will

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
17 of 40

Hi David and Petra,

Actually, our team updated this flow recently as per users' requests and the job details are now displayed on the pop-up page. Please let us know what you think next time you accept an interview invite.

Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 40

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi David and Petra,

Actually, our team updated this flow recently as per users' requests and the job details are now displayed on the pop-up page. Please let us know what you think next time you accept an interview invite.

Thanks. I'll have to pay attention the next time I get an invite.

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 40

@David G wrote:

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi David and Petra,

Thanks. I'll have to pay attention the next time I get an invite.

Haha, me too! I had no idea, Thank Vladimir Smiley Happy I accepted one yesterday and did not notice....

Highlighted
Community Guru
20 of 40

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi David and Petra,

So I checked out the invite page and I think it could still be improved.

Yes, when I click accept, the pop-up window shows the budget details but that's not my main concern. My main concern is that it blocks out all the information the client writes about the job. This is what I want to see.

The client might ask a few questions that I need to address and sometimes I can't remember everything a client wants to know. In fact, sometimes I can't even remember the client's name (I'm getting old) and need to check it again but the way the "accept invite" page is set up, I can't read the post or the client's name.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS