cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No client-initiated invitations to Jobs

roncan
Haroon D Member Since: Jan 16, 2016
1 of 4

Hi all. I joined Upwork 2-3 months back, the experience has been rewarding. In the early days I used to get 2-3 job invitations a day and I had more work than I could handle. I stopped getting job invitations when a client rated me 1.9 stars but after that I did my best I could and now I'm a Top Rated contractor. What's worrying me is I'm still not getting any job invitations. It's been more than 2 months, not one client-initiated job invitation and what's worse is my proposals are also going unanswered. I'm really proud of my proposal writing skills, in the early days I'll hear back from at least 40% clients that I'd apply to and my insights page was reflecting that. It showed how I was viewed and hired more often. I can't believe all of a sudden I've started writing bad proposals and I can't believe the algorithm is working fine if I haven't gotten ONE job invitation in the last 2 months. Please anyone got any ideas?

chris_macartwork
Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Haroon,

Sorry to hear about your lack of invitations.

I don't work in your field of expertise  but I've had a look at your profile and immediately I can see there are a few negative pieces of feedback in there. More than one. Maybe it's the bad feedback that is putting potential clients off hiring you?

I don't know what you can do to get you more invites. Maybe some other contributors can help. Good luck.

roncan
Haroon D Member Since: Jan 16, 2016
3 of 4

Hi Chris, thanks for your response. I thought being Top Rated and having that blue 100% Job Success score was enough assurance for the clients but apparently I'm wrong. I just checked, the skills I most apply for e.g. Ionic Framework, Cordova and Nodejs for them I appear on page 15 and above in the search results. I request any members here who have experience with that to give me some tips for appearing on better place in the search results.

chris_macartwork
Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
4 of 4

Even if you did get to appear near the top in the search results then Clients would still see the bad feedback in your job history surely?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS