🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No connects are required, but when send propo...
Page options
41c5e7ce
Community Member

No connects are required, but when send proposal it says You don’t have enough Connects to submit.

It says no "No connects are required."

I am trying to send a proposal but getting this error

"You don’t have enough Connects to submit this proposal."

Can you guys look into this?

P.S. I've cleared my browser cache and cookies 

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

The new setup for applying with zero connects has not been launched yet, it will be implemented in September.

As of today you still need connects to apply for jobs.

Ashraf K wrote:

The new setup for applying with zero connects has not been launched yet, it will be implemented in September.

As of today you still need connects to apply for jobs.

Oh no, they will never have a system with zero connects. That would be pandemonium. 

petra_r
Community Member

Aziza A wrote:

It says no "No connects are required."

It's a bug

PradeepH

Hi Aziza,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue. Can someone enlighten me about this? Is this a bug or what?

Hi Sundae,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear Upwork,
I saw a Hindi Translation vacancy few minutes ago and there was displayed that No connects required to submit for this vacancy. So, I applied for the vacancy and when I submitted a proposal, my 4 connects were deducted.
Why is this happening?

Kindly let me know and help me in this.

Thanks !!
Best Regards
Prabesh

Prabesh P wrote:
Dear Upwork,
I saw a Hindi Translation vacancy few minutes ago and there was displayed that No connects required to submit for this vacancy. So, I applied for the vacancy and when I submitted a proposal, my 4 connects were deducted.
Why is this happening?

Kindly let me know and help me in this.

Thanks !!
Best Regards
Prabesh

Probably happened a few days ago when somebody mistakenly put their new connects system live, which will only happen in September. 

Martina P wrote:

Probably happened a few days ago when somebody mistakenly put their new connects system live, which will only happen in September. 

isn't it September in Upwork land? I thought that happened at 7 pm central

Hi Prabesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, 

I'm getting this weird error where when I click on the submit proposal option, all job posts are saying 'no connects are required for this job'.

The first time this happened I submitted thinking this is some freebie but something even more messed up happened. It said the proposal was submitted successfully but when I looked up in my proposal section my current proposal's cover letter was pasted up on my last active proposal that I'd posted 3 days back. Had to withdraw that old one as well.

And to make it worse, I did lose the connects on the current proposal even though it never got sent to the correct client.

Can somebody look this up because I can't submit proposals with this error floating in my profile.

Hi Sheraz,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksander,

I did receive their reply. Here's what they wrote;

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So I'm waiting here and it's been a couple of hours but the issue's still there.

Do you know they mean by having my ticket status on hold?

Hi Sheraz,

The team is currently investigating why this is happening and that's why your ticket's status is set to "on-hold". Once the issue has been resolved, you'll be notified automatically.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,

It's all sorted out now. 

And got my connects refunded too with a hefty bonus, might I add.

Do appreciate your support man.

Cheers.

magillani
Community Member

I also have wasted a lot of my connects. there is one more issue, once I apply to a job, jobs remove immediately after connects deduction

Hi Ahmad,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the job posts you are referring to? Please also share the screenshots from your end so that I can better assist you. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I'd like to follow up and confirm our team addressed the core reason why during the last few days (ending on Monday) jobs were displaying that no Connects are required to submit a proposal. Thank you for your reports and we apologize for the frustrating experience. Please do let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members