🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No feedback for 30 days?!
Page options
jessicasimko
Community Member

No feedback for 30 days?!

I have a client trying to close out a fixed-rate job and she said she can't close the job or leave feedback until the contract is active for 30 days. She has approved the milestone and paid it out. So I went in to try to do it myself and I got the same message (see attached). Almost none of my jobs last 30 days! I can't be expected to go back to all these clients 30 days later and ask them to close out and leave feedback. My jobs not closed will build up into the hundreds. What is going on?!

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.06.35 AM.png

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jessica,

Could you please reach out to me via PM with the contract title? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Get the client to CLOSE the contract. What the client is seeing is the mid contract feedback nonsense.

The client went to the "Feedback" tab, not the contract one where they can close the contract and leave feedback. It is likely best to encourage clients to end the contract, and not mention feedback as that is guaranteed if the client ends the contract anyway.

Jessica S wrote:

Almost none of my jobs last 30 days! I can't be expected to go back to all these clients 30 days later and ask them to close out and leave feedback.

There is no need. Your client is confused, that's all. 

Petra R wrote:

Get the client to CLOSE the contract. What the client is seeing is the mid contract feedback nonsense.

The client went to the "Feedback" tab, not the contract one where they can close the contract.

Jessica S wrote:

Almost none of my jobs last 30 days! I can't be expected to go back to all these clients 30 days later and ask them to close out and leave feedback.

The feedback tab is where I go to close contracts too. I can't find another way to close it? 

Jessica S wrote:

Petra R wrote:.

The feedback tab is where I go to close contracts too. I can't find another way to close it? 

There is nothing specifically on the feedback page that allows the closing of a contract apart from the three dots that are on the right of the top navigation bar and on all tabs equally.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jessica,

I would like to confirm that Petra is correct. I checked your account and you are able to close your contract and your client should be able as well.
Once you or your client are in the contract room, to close the contract please click on the three (...) dots and select End Contract. If you or your client are still having problems with this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Is this new? I used to be able to just go to the feedback tab and close the job out there. This is not very intutitive anymore.... closing the contract is basically hidden. 

Hi Jessica, 

This feature was rolled-out around August of last year. You may read more about it here, and here. The three-dot menu should be beside the "Feedback" tab on your contract page. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 10.31.28 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths