abolaynain

No feedback given out of the blue

Hi everyone!

Back in February, I had 3 contracts that all had public 5 stars with feedback for one client. On Tuesday out of the blue, I found out they became 'No feedback given'. I didn't enable the client to change feedback and the option still appears on my end in the contract. (I enabled him to change the first one back then to give written feedback in addition to the already given 5 stars). How is that possible?

I contacted customer support and it has been 4 days with no response. What should I do?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r

@Khaled A wrote:

1)  Back in February, I had 3 contracts that all had public 5 stars with feedback for one client. On Tuesday out of the blue, I found out they became 'No feedback given'. I didn't enable the client to change feedback and the option still appears on my end in the contract.

2)  (I enabled him to change the first one back then to give written feedback in addition to the already given 5 stars).

3)  How is that possible?

1) It's not possible unless the client asked for their given feedback to be removed.

2)  That is entirely inappropriate. Stars are perfectlyy sufficient, asking a client to write comments in addition to the stars is inappropriate, why on earth would you do that?

3) Have the contracts been merged maybe?

Your profile is not private, if you want us to take a look post the link

1) Can clients remove the feedback they already gave to freelancers? I never knew that before. Do you have links that support this?

It's my understanding that once a feedback is given, it can't be changed unless the freelancer enables them to.

2) I was new on the platform, you know. And it was done with content and willingness from him. Anyway, that was just mentioned to be precise.

3) Merged to where? There has been no action on the contract since then.

profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0132f35f34ed18e9fc

@Khaled A wrote:

1) Can clients remove the feedback they already gave to freelancers?

2) It's my understanding that once a feedback is given, it can't be changed unless the freelancer enables them to.

1)  Anyone can ask for the feedback they left to be removed.

2)  Feedback can only be *changed* with the permission of the other party.

Maybe check if the Wikipedia articles you created still exist or whether Wikipedia zapped them. That could (theoretically) cause a client to get angry.

Do you have links that support that right for clients? I'm willing to dig into this.

@Khaled A wrote:

Do you have links that support that right for clients? I'm willing to dig into this.

There is nothing to "dig into" - I know it for a fact. You can dig all you like, that doesn't change facts. You are free to believe me or not, it makes no difference to me.

It's interesting how you are not responding to my suggestion that you check if there may be an issue with the Wikipedia articles you were paid to do....

Are they still up and unmoderated?

If it's a fact, then it should have been documented, I believe. There is nothing wrong with a question, Petra! 🙂

I never said I don't believe you. I really do thank you for trying to help, Petra. I'm just surprised that does exist. I want to read more on that.

@Khaled A wrote:

There is nothing wrong with a question,

No, there is nothing wrong with asking a question, I simply don't have time to go hunting for something I know.

As there is nothing wrong with a question, how about my question:

"It's interesting how you are not responding to my suggestion that you check if there may be an issue with the Wikipedia articles you were paid to do....

Are they still up and unmoderated?"

If they are not that would explain why the client decided to remove the feedback, would it not?

When you gave it as a suggestion, I got your point. When you make it the case and something I have to answer, that's not okay.

Thank you for your help, Petra! 🙂

@Khaled A wrote:

When you gave it as a suggestion, I got your point.

And I've got my answer.

You also have your answer as to why the client removed his feedback, so we all know what happened now, don't we 🙂

Haha I believe I was asking about Upwork policies regarding this point not discussing the client's rationale to do this. Thank you Petra. 🙂

tlbp

Perhaps the client was removed from the platform by Upwork. The jobs that you mentioned are now listed as private. Is there a possibility that the client was doing something inappropriate that would cause his feedback to be invalidated? 

@Tonya P wrote:

Perhaps the client was removed from the platform by Upwork. The jobs that you mentioned are now listed as private. Is there a possibility that the client was doing something inappropriate that would cause his feedback to be invalidated? 

Being removed from the platform would only do anything to the feedback if there was some connection to the freelancer in question.....

cylver1z

Hello Khaled,

We have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you through the ticket you have created.

Untitled