Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback given - today's update

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
1 of 47

What is this???

That must have been part of today's update.

So, a five star rating now publicly qualifies as no feedback? Did I miss something?

Edited to add another pic:

Before (a couple of weeks ago before they moved the stars to the left)

before.png

After (as of August 6)

after.png

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
2 of 47

This is not new.  Sometimes people don't write a review but leave a star rating.  Did they change the wording?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 47

Not everybody feels like writing stuff.

When a client gives me 5-star feedback and doesn't write a comment, I'm very satisified. "No Feedback" is just  a slightly confusing user interface design decision. I don't think star-rated feedback without custom-written comments reflects negatively on me in terms of my job score, and I don't think a few of these will make me look bad to potential clients.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
4 of 47

I don't care if clients write a review or not - that is entirely up to them.

But up until now 'no feedback' meant exactly that: no feedback whatsoever.

So something changed, right?

Either they changed the definition of 'no feedback' or it is yet another glitch. Either way it is misleading.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 47

@Ela K wrote:

I don't care if clients write a review or not - that is entirely up to them.

But up until now 'no feedback' meant exactly that: no feedback whatsoever.

So something changed, right?

Either they changed the definition of 'no feedback' or it is yet another glitch. Either way it is misleading.

I agee Ela. The star rating is indicative of feedback. To then put there is No Feedback is completely false. I really hope this gets changed back and is not something they thought was a good idea but just a glitch.

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
6 of 47

I have many feedbacks like this and those feedbacks  are from my repeated clients with 10 to 20 jobs  and they feel hard to write each time a new review for me so they just leave a 5 star rating so it must not to show "No feedback given" it just does'nt fit for it.

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
7 of 47

It was changed before when they made that epochal change to proposal (in my profile at least.) Totally unnecessary,totally untrue and totally misleading-the feedback is given if the client has graded freelancer with the stars.

Also, if freelancer gave the client just star feedback (no textual feedback) it doesn't show anymore when you view freelancer's history, so it looks like freelancer didn't grade the client. Also, when you view freelancer's history(or try to view it) by using arrows you 'll get a headache and give up because they changed the sliding so jobs just jump up , blurred and  and trembling(!!)  for three seconds before displaying a huge info about the client and a tiny feedback that has been given to freelancer. This was also changed when there was a change to proposal.

I fail to understand why info about my client is so relevant to my future clients. I mean, relevant to the point where its font is bold 12/14  and  the actual feedback given to me is like a regular, pale 10-maybe even 8 (it certainly looks like 8!) Future clients want to work with me, one would assume, not with my past clients. It is nonsense that the most prominent information when one views my feedback is how much my ex -clients have spent on the platform.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
8 of 47

"Either they changed the definition of 'no feedback' or it is yet another glitch. Either way it is misleading."

Then there's the question of how this will be assessed when R2-D2's retarded cousin adds up the JS scores; will we get zapped because this isn't counted as feedback?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
9 of 47

I think now we should have to request the clients to write a review  as well or just put some dots"............" before they end the contract to fill the space.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
10 of 47

Ela,

It could do with the issue I had. I contacted support and was told it was not an issue other's were having so they would look at fixing it in a future update. My profile was showing "The freelancer has made this comment private" I have a copy saved on my desktop of my profile whe it was showing this on a job that had closed.

The client actually did leave feedback but it was showing on my profile as "The freelancer has made this comment private" which we have no way of making our feedback private. After the last update it changed to "No feedback given" even though in my contract it shows feedback. So it may be a bug, it may have been the only way they could fix the issue I was having.

Who knows? I have 5 stars and feedback showing in my contract area, but on profile it is showing "No feedback given"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS