cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback given - today's update

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
11 of 47

Let us hope it doesn't enter the algorithm as "no feedback" in the JS calculation. That would be a world of troubles.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
12 of 47

Setu,

I sure hope it doesn't, but to show everyone what I am referring to. Notice dates on screenshots 

7/2 There is feedback

7/5 Private Comment

3rd is today. No Feedback given

All three same job.

snap1.jpgsnip2.jpgsnip3.jpg

Community Guru
13 of 47

I would like to have a update on if this issue is going to be fixed. Or if my issue has nothing to do with this issue as my job went from feedback showing to "The freelancer has made this comment private", to "No feedback given", and now it is again showing "The freelancer has made this comment private"

I vented in a thread in regards to this and was told by customer support it would not be fixed at this time as it was not an issue others were experiencing and might be fixed in a future update, but this thread brought up that it was not just a single issue.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/I-have-had-it-Another-bug-and-premium-customer-support/t...

It does not look good that it shows I supposedly hid the feedback (which we have no way to do) and it makes it look like there was something bad there so I didn't want anyone to see it. It would be nice if this issue were fixed as well as the dates not showing right for when jobs ended.

Community Guru
14 of 47
Nevermind now it is showing something is wrong with editing all of a sudden though.
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
15 of 47

Valeria, Garnor, please explain what's happening. This is ridiculous! Either this is yet another bug or you should have announced a 'feedback language change' that clearly explained us that star rating is no longer considered feedback.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
16 of 47

Dear mods,

Could one of you please clarify what's up with this?

Preston, I borrowed your profile because I needed a screenshot of the 2 different kinds of 'no feedback' next to each other, I hope you don't mind:

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 18.53.48.png

I am quite sure that clients can figure out that no written review was provided if the space beneath the star-rating remains empty... 

This looks just weird and wrong. Also, the question remains, what does the JSS bot make of this?

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
17 of 47
Just saw this now - ridiculous. An official response would be great. A star rating = non-textual feedback.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 47

Hi All,

We have been checking with the team and it is not something that has been changed recently. When there is no written feedback comment left by the client it shows No Feedback Given even if the star rating is provided. Did you use to see it differently?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
Michael R Member Since: May 18, 2015
19 of 47

@Valeria K wrote:

When there is no written feedback comment left by the client it shows No Feedback Given even if the star rating is provided. Did you use to see it differently?

I think "No written feedback" sounds much better than "No feedback given". Shouldn't be hard to change this.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
20 of 47

Valeria,

Thanks for replying.

I wouldn't have posted this thread if this wasn't a new 'feature' (on my profile since yesterday).

As you can see in the latest screenshot, the 'no feedback given' in italics is what used to show when there was no feedback at all (no star-rating/public feedback).

Before, when there was a star-rating (=feedback provided by the client, even though no textual feedback), it simply displayed the star-rating. 

Now, it says 'no feedback given' on contracts with no feedback at all and those, where clients opted not to provide a written review. You can't use the same language on both. 

How is it possible that Upwork doesn't know how this looked before? I am actually a bit shocked.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS