cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback given - today's update

Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
21 of 47

Hi Valeria, yes it's been changed recently, there was never "no feedback given" when the client left no written feedback, there was a blank space. This is absolutely new and inaccurate. What's the point of this change?

Also, like the others, I'm wondering if these "no feedback given" will be considered negative by the algorithm, I mean, a client leaves a 5 star feedback and doesn't make any written comment, because he's hired you several times and he's left you a comment for only the first contract, but he continues hiring you and giving you 5 stars feedback, so does Upwork consider that this is an unhappy client? How will it affect our job success score?

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
22 of 47

This was added two weeks ago.It was never there before. It just displayed stars before, with no text (as it should be!) 

I don't see any point in adding any additional explanation to that or changing the  wording  to" no written feedback" or whatever. Just returning it to what it used to be will do.

It will not affect JS probably, but it really looks bad anyway. Also, they should bring back  "available less than 10 hours." 

I 'm also quite worried that they seem not to know that there was a change...

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
23 of 47

@Natasa M wrote:

This was added two weeks ago.It was never there before. It just displayed stars before, with no text (as it should be!) 

I don't see any point in adding any additional explanation to that or changing the  wording  to" no written feedback" or whatever. Just returning it to what it used to be will do.

It will not affect JS probably, but it really looks bad anyway. Also, they should bring back  "available less than 10 hours." 

I 'm also quite worried that they seem not to know that there was a change...

I would like to see this brought back as well. None of the categories are appropriate for me whe all I have is 10 hours or less and the wording of "As Needed-Open to Offers" really is not appropriate.

I am not available as needed I have other work and I am not open to offers. My rate and time are what they are.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
24 of 47

Valeria,

I would like to know since mine has feedback and had a weird glitch (which I had a ticket written to support on and was told it might be fixed in a later update) but now it says no feedback given although there is feedback in the backend if this is affecting my JS?

I did have feedback and it was showing and now it is not showing. It had a weird remark previously and with the recent update has 5 stars but says no feedback given.

See screenshots on previous post. All the same job.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
25 of 47

@Natasa M wrote:

It will not affect JS probably, but it really looks bad anyway. 

I wouldn't bank on that. If someone wrote in a new line "No Feedback Given" in the update, Valeria would have had confirmation already. It is more likely that some code was changed which 'sources' the 'No feedback Given' based on a condition.

I can easily see this change racking up all the many 'No Feedback Given." As to what the threshold is, that is a different matter.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
26 of 47

@Setu M wrote:

It is more likely that some code was changed which 'sources' the 'No feedback Given' based on a condition.

They can't be that ignorant. Or can they?

It sure seems so.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
27 of 47
Hopefully we will find out over the weekend.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
28 of 47

This is so serious, and it's oviously not just a cosmetic thing. The most worrying part of it all is:

"We have been checking with the team and it is not something that has been changed recently. When there is no written feedback comment left by the client it shows No Feedback Given even if the star rating is provided. Did you use to see it differently?"  (Valeria)

How could you not know how it used to be?? Are you all on a different planet?? Are you doubting the word of all these regular contributors?? IT HAS BEEN CHANGED. And so it is now imperative that we know whether it is a cosmetic bit of a change on the profile, or a deep change that affects the Job success score. Valeria, you shouldn't have to be running off to check this - you should know. (That's nothing personal - but if you don't know, you should make them keep you in the loop).

You already defaced my profile two weeks ago by imposing closures, and forcing six "no feedback given"s to show in a row. Now, you are even going back to my regular five-star repeat client jobs and calling them "no feedback given" as well - a term that you have at this stage classed as a pejorative.

When will you stop chipping away at very last little bit of a cliff edge that we have left to hang on to? Do you really want rid of us all that much?

EDIT:  and to PROVE it's a change:

Jobs with no feedback a all are listed as "no feedback given"  (in italics). Jobs with star ratings but no written feedback are listed as "no feedback given" (no italic). How is that not a change??? Please please stop all this.

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
29 of 47

Yup! What they (^^^) all said!!!

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
30 of 47

Valeria, with all respect,  your "Did you use to see it differently?is a very, very inappropriate question.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS