Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback given - today's update

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
31 of 47

@Olga Q wrote:

Valeria, with all respect,  your "Did you use to see it differently?is a very, very inappropriate question.

I think it was a genuine question on her part, and was just seeking confirmation. I doubt she meant any disrespect. Remember the tone of text is based on how it is read at times. 

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
32 of 47

I don't think she meant any disrespect, but they should know how the profiles looked like. 

Asking that question and stating that there was no change at the same time is like being completely oblivious. We didn't all eat magic mushrooms here.

Again, this doesn't refer to Valeria, or any person in particular- but to that statement of "the team."  As for JS -will this affect it or not- yes, it is important but  regardless- even if it doesn't,  it still looks bad and more importantly it is unnecessary and untrue. If you look at the profile as one's presentational tool, it looks bad even if JS is not affected.

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
33 of 47

Setu M wrote:

I think it was a genuine question on her part, and was just seeking confirmation. I doubt she meant any disrespect. Remember the tone of text is based on how it is read at times. 

Of course! I don't think Valeria was disrespectful in any way. What I meant with 'inappropriate' was that her question is not suitable if you take into consideration what others have said before she answered us. I mean, of course we used to see it differently - otherwise, why would we complain??

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
34 of 47

Olga,

I understand your point. One of my biggest peaves is when I take the time to express something in writing or verbally and I am ask a question I already answered. Which tells me that someone skimmed over what I wrote or said and didn't really read or hear what I said.

In this case, Valeria ask an understandable question, but the question of "Did we use to see it differently?" was already answered with screenshots and remarks.

So in defense she did answer this on Friday and if her Friday was like mine it is understandable, but still she should take the time to read through and look at the screenshots.

This is one of the reasons others have suggested an area for just issues because there is way to may other things going on in the forum for one or two mods to truly give their attention.

Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
35 of 47

So is it going to count againt the JSS or not ? Valeria, could you check with the team ?

My Score went down 2% with the previous update thanks to Upwork closing all those "dormant" contracts, and now there's been this new update and my score didn't change despite 6 contracts closed with 5 stars. So I'm wondering if it's those "no feedback given" which Upwork added everywhere in my profile to my 5 stars jobs with no written feedback.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
36 of 47

I only had 2 jobs closed in the last 2 weeks, both with very good feedback. Since my total job count isn't that high I expected my JS to budge as well - as it has done before with each update since my major drop in May.

Mine stayed the same as well. And that made me wonder, too.

Apparently it's a tough question?

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
37 of 47

What is most worrisome, is that nobody from Upwork is bothering to answer.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
38 of 47

Valeria has been posting in the last few hours. A response from her would be most welcome and appropriate.

Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
39 of 47

I've asked the same question on the Water Cooler, you never know!Woman Wink

Mark K Member Since: Aug 9, 2015
40 of 47

Why do you have this allusion that a Client who pays you $70.00 would also have the gumption, integrity or interest in leaving you positive feedback?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS