cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No hire, but job is closed , didnt get my connect back!

bushra_a
Ace Contributor
Bushra A Member Since: Jan 2, 2020
1 of 42

Yesterday I applied for a job. Now I was checking the update and discovered that the client didn't hire any freelancer, last seen the job 11 hours ago and the proposal range was  15-20. Now the job is closed and archived but I didn't get my connects back. What actually happened there? I am really confused.

joynul33
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
2 of 42

Hi Bushra,

If the job was closed then you do not back the connections. you will get back the connection if it's far canceled without rent by both the purchaser or Upwork.

Thanks!

Joynul
bushra_a
Ace Contributor
3 of 42

The client didn't hire anyone!  Isn't it unfair?   What a wastage of valuable connects for new freelancers like me!

joynul33
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
4 of 42

It's no longer only for you. It's a totally unethical system for all freelancers, I believe. Upwork know the best system for their users. 

Joynul
arpon95apu
Md Arpon A Member Since: Aug 27, 2017
5 of 42

I have same issue here

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 42

Hi Arpon,

We return Connects only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
7 of 42

Hi Bushra, 

It looks like the Connects you used for the job has been refunded back to your account. You may check your Connects History page (Settings > Membership & Connects > Connects History) for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

bushra_a
Ace Contributor
8 of 42

Do I have to check it manually every time it happens? Please note, I didn't receive any notification that the connect was restored. Thank you.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 42

This will be up to you, Bushra. If you think it's worth your time to check your Connects History, then it would best to check it every now and then. 

I also looked into this and can confirm that an email was sent to you with the subject "A job you submitted a proposal to was closed" on 16-February. Kindly check your email's spam or inbox folder for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork
bushra_a
Ace Contributor
10 of 42

Thank you very much for your cooperation. Now the issue is clear to me  Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS