🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No hire, but job is closed , didnt get my...
Page options
bushra_a
Community Member

No hire, but job is closed , didnt get my connect back!

Yesterday I applied for a job. Now I was checking the update and discovered that the client didn't hire any freelancer, last seen the job 11 hours ago and the proposal range was  15-20. Now the job is closed and archived but I didn't get my connects back. What actually happened there? I am really confused.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bushra, 

It looks like the Connects you used for the job has been refunded back to your account. You may check your Connects History page (Settings > Membership & Connects > Connects History) for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
neha316
Community Member

Hey Team,

I am facing the same issue. I have applied for multiple proposal and all of them are closed now without hiring anyone but I didn't get any connects back to my account. Also I observed one proposal which I applied was closed and the same person has created the same job again. In this case all the folks like me must have lost their connects.
Can someone please look in my issue.
petra_r
Community Member

Neha P wrote:.
Can someone please look in my issue.

You don't have an issue. 

Connects are only returned if a client proactively closes the job post or Upwork takes it down for a violation of the terms of service.

When a job post expires or the client hires someone else, you do NOT get the connects back.

neha316
Community Member

How do we get to know the job is expired or closed. I saw the posting and it mentions it is closed. Understanding closed means it was closed by client then why my connects were credited?

Neha P wrote:

Also I observed one proposal which I applied was closed and the same person has created the same job again. In this case all the folks like me must have lost their connects.

They might just not have found a suitable candidate the first time around. 

You can see the percentage of times they hire peopel. If it is too low - don't apply. 

I agree they might have nit got the right person but in that case connect of the applicants should be refunded.
petra_r
Community Member

Neha P wrote:
but in that case connect of the applicants should be refunded.

Well, they're not.

When will people understand that more freelancers having more connects is not a good thing and won't lead to getting hired more, quite the opposite is actually true. When more freelancers have more connects there will be more proposals for every job post, clients drown in poor quality proposals and give up. Plus, more applicants means less chances of being hired.

hello, barging in to this conversation.

you are absolutely right but if we left with no connects then how are we able to apply for any job?

the jobs i have applied all have been closed but i didnt get my connects back.

Time to open the ole piggy bank

Hi Hamza,

I would like to clarify that all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

To learn more about acceptable billing methods please read this help article. You can find additional information about Connects here

~ Nikola
Upwork
6bce7311
Community Member

50 + proposal are on archived in my account and I didn't receive connects back please check and give connects back.

Hi Amirali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bestyfc
Community Member

Greetings upwork community... it was my first time boosting a proposal and the job closed without hiring anyone, took about a month before doing so... I WANT MY 40 CONNECTS BACK PLEASE.

43f62c48
Community Member

Hello, I thought I was the only person experiencing this. I'm four days old in Upwork and almost all the works I'm applying to are getting canceled by the client without taking any interview. I'm tired as is and it's just the second day. I'm still here no work achieved but still not giving up. Just improve this part of your works, the clients withdraw their hires after refunding our connects.

b82b04d8
Community Member

Hello.

I have similar problem as every freelancers here. I applied for a job yesterday, and today I checked that the job is no longer available. Last viewed by client was 15 hours ago and zero invites sent. My proposal also now in archived. I spent 18 connects there. It is wasteful and not encouraging. Please help me as I need my connect back. 

Also, why Upwork make connect system so complicated? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths