cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No hire, but job is closed , didnt get my connect back!

8c2938fc
Pouria S Member Since: Oct 9, 2020
31 of 42

I have the same problem, my connect have not returned after 2 weeks. Smiley Sad

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
32 of 42

Pouria S wrote:

my connect have not returned after 2 weeks.

They won't return. If you need more connects, you have to buy them.

amad345
Amad A Member Since: Aug 16, 2019
33 of 42

I also applied for jobs and two of them were closed/canceled but I didn't get any connects back.

agarwal-manmohan
Manmohan A Member Since: Nov 27, 2020
34 of 42

When client did not hire me or and job closed or expire, then my connect should be return, but i did not get my connect back. Please action asap for this.

Thanks & Regards

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Guru
35 of 42

Manmohan A wrote:

When client did not hire me or and job closed or expire, then my connect should be return

This isn't true. Connects are only returned if a client proactively closes the job post or Upwork takes it down for a violation of the terms of service.

When a job post expires or the client hires someone else, you do NOT get the connects back.

Manmohan A wrote:

Please action asap for this

There is nothing to "action". It is functioning a designed.

jesus-zoe
Zoe J Member Since: Oct 17, 2019
36 of 42
Hello, I had the same issue. This makes me scared of buying connects or applying for a job on Upwork. It's totally discouraging. Thank you, merry Christmas and a happy new year.
neha316
Neha P Member Since: Mar 22, 2021
37 of 42
Hey Team,

I am facing the same issue. I have applied for multiple proposal and all of them are closed now without hiring anyone but I didn't get any connects back to my account. Also I observed one proposal which I applied was closed and the same person has created the same job again. In this case all the folks like me must have lost their connects.
Can someone please look in my issue.
petra_r
Community Guru
38 of 42

Neha P wrote:.
Can someone please look in my issue.

You don't have an issue. 

Connects are only returned if a client proactively closes the job post or Upwork takes it down for a violation of the terms of service.

When a job post expires or the client hires someone else, you do NOT get the connects back.

neha316
Neha P Member Since: Mar 22, 2021
39 of 42
How do we get to know the job is expired or closed. I saw the posting and it mentions it is closed. Understanding closed means it was closed by client then why my connects were credited?
moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
40 of 42

Neha P wrote:

Also I observed one proposal which I applied was closed and the same person has created the same job again. In this case all the folks like me must have lost their connects.

They might just not have found a suitable candidate the first time around. 

You can see the percentage of times they hire peopel. If it is too low - don't apply. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS