Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No hope without rising talent badge?

m_acc_des
Community Guru
Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
1 of 7

Hi all,

I understand that clients have no reason to trust new freelancers without feedbacks, but some of us are really experts in their fields. I am a certified QuickBooks proadvisor who just needs to prove it, but why does a client choose me?, I may be a liar of course,

So I think the rising talent badge is our only hope, but with the program being paused?.. I see no hope.

Will upwork be patient with us and not suspend our accounts for not getting jobs?, I don`t know the policy here.

and looks like Upwork is the only platform which got jobs for accountants!.

Any clarifications? Any news about rising talent program?

May an expert take a look at my profile to give me some advices? or it is good?

Thanks.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 7

Are quickbook exparts accountants in egypt? Could explain some things.

m_acc_des
Community Guru
3 of 7

@Jennifer M wrote:

Are quickbook exparts accountants in egypt? Could explain some things.

Sorry, I didn`t get what you mean.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 7

I think Jennifer was commenting on the fact that you call yourself an accountant, but only discuss Quickbooks qualifications in your overview. As I'm sure you know, accountancy requires skills far beyond the ability to use a particular software.

Your job history supports the idea that you have some accounting background, but you don't talk about your experience at all in your profile. That would probably be helpful.

The rising talent thing is a red herring. People got started on platforms like this for years before such a designation existed. Ignore that and focus on making your profile stronger and your proposals well targeted.

m_acc_des
Community Guru
5 of 7
Thanks for the reply Tiffany,

Actually i mentioned that i am a finacial accountant and has 7 years of experience.

I also took 5 or 6 tests in accounting and got top 20% and 30% in most of them.

So i am not just a Quickbooks expert.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 7

I know you're not...because I clicked "more" and read the part of your profile that isn't visible at a glance. Most prospective clients who have dozens of proposals to weed through won't spend more than a couple of seconds determining whether you make the cut for further consideration, so your best credentials should be clearly stated in your first few lines.

m_acc_des
Community Guru
7 of 7
Thanks for the advice.. I will edit my profile overview to make it shorter.

Appreciate your help.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS