Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No interviews.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1 of 4

since last few days i am not getting any interview invitations..and i fail to understand what type of alogrithrm is being used where one gets interviews in bulk at one time and none for few days..why cant it be same throughout..

and does in get interview invitations based on number of proposals one make? i was bit inactive for few days inbetween..does that matter

Community Leader
Sagar S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2 of 4

Yes Rahul, inactivity matters very much. I personally experienced the same problem. Was inactive for 2 months, and did not get a single invitation in the last 25 days.

Again, while I started becoming active, got 2 invitation in 3 days. 

So, I suggest you be active as much as possible.

Thanks

Sagar

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 4

Sagar S wrote:

Yes Rahul, inactivity matters very much. I personally experienced the same problem. Was inactive for 2 months, and did not get a single invitation in the last 25 days.

Thanks

Sagar

After 30 days of inactivity, upwork will make your profile private, and you will not show up in any search results. Otherwise, inactivity is irrelevant to the search result algorithm. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

Martina P wrote:

Sagar S wrote:

Thanks

Sagar

After 30 days of inactivity, upwork will make your profile private, and you will not show up in any search results. Otherwise, inactivity is irrelevant to the search result algorithm. 

After 30  days of no EARNINGS (regardless of activity) a profile is set to private.

And yes, the algorithm indeed reacts to "activity" - If you haven't sent any proposals for a while and then start applying, you tend to get a whoosh of invites shortly after.

It makes sense as people who never apply can be seen to be busy with what they've got, or absent. People who are applying are clearly actively looking for work so it makes sense to make them visible to those wanting to hire.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS