🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No invitation or reply to bids
Page options
fatimaniazi
Community Member

No invitation or reply to bids

Hi it's been months now that I have stared in upwork but It seems I m not getting hired. I have been buying connects and sending almost three porposals per day but with no interest. This is putting me in to less motivated to work as freelancer as I was in start. Can someone have a look at my profile I have changed it little bit but still no had response from client. Thou I only apply to those job I met the criteria. Regards
6 REPLIES 6
bipul_sharma
Community Member

Same here

volkot
Community Member

Forget!
Upwork dies!
I haven't projects since June.
I don't know what did they do, but resent period the situation is awful.

rohan999
Community Member

You are right!! I got 5 invitations for the last two months....

williambernal
Community Member

Fatima,

Welcome to UW!

You may want to run through your profile one more time as there are a number of minor errors in the copy (punctuation, inititalization, grammar, syntax, etc.).

Best of luck to you!

Work Smart, Work Safe!

wb

florydev
Community Member

Fatima,

In your profile I am seeing that the apostraphe in I'm is  missing.  You should try to avoid contractions anyway (although wouldn't shock me if mine has one).  

Also this: I m glad that you have spare sometime to read my profile

And really a lot of your profile is written in a very weak underlying tone.  You want to have your profile and proposals written in such a way as they demand attention.

For example, you have this:

Your projects, company and most importantly YOU need to have an assistant to not only perform the routine office work and tasks but also facilitate your life by being there right on time when ever need arise.

Which although somewhat strong, it is not wordy in a way that is pleasing to my ears when I read it out loud.

And then you take the strength in it and stab it with this:

Either ways, I'm willing to help you with the best of my capabilities

I am not a virtual admin but I think the message you want to give is not that you will work your best but that you will make your client's life so easy they can't imagine what they did without you.

I don't know if this is the nature of the problem but you asked someone to look at your profile so I did.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Fatima:

Your profile is all over the place.  I didn't quite understand it.  Review others in the virtual assistant category and compare (be careful not to copy - against Upwork rules!!!).  My head hurt reading through you laundry list of things you can do.  Keep it to 5-10 max.  Customize on each proposal based on the job description. 

The first few lines of your profile are what a client sees in a search.  Make sure they stand out.  

And keep applying.....

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members