cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No invitations to intervew

Community Leader
Melinda M Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
11 of 17
Have you landed a great job through out of the blue invites?

I'm writing about clients reaching out to you without you submitting a proposal.
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 17

Melinda M wrote:
Have you landed a great job through out of the blue invites?

I'm writing about clients reaching out to you without you submitting a proposal.

I've lived the last couple of years on Upwork on invites, which is why this change makes me rage (charging client change). I don't think I've won an open marketplace bid in ages but it's possible I just don't remember. 

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
13 of 17

Jennifer M wrote:

I think they said they raised the invite limit to 6, but I still don't think that's enough.

Yes, one of the mods (Valeria) said they had carefully considered feedback from clients and would be increasing the number to 6.

But I don't think the Team is serious about implementing that increase because everything on the present Upwork documentation says it's 3 invites for Basic. Last I checked (a few days ago).

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
14 of 17

Jennifer M wrote:

Clients have to pay to invite more than a few people now. I don't see many featured or Plus members in my section, so my personal opinion is that they are posting publicly instead and not finding good freelancers and that is why people seem to feel that hiring percentages are dropping. If clients could invite 10ish people, they would be able to find a least 2-3 people that they like. 

That's an interesting take on the situation, and I bet you're right. Upwork says that they implemented the new connects policy because clients don't want to wade through tons of bids, but at the same time, they've effectively stopped clients from controlling the amount of bids they receive by setting up invite-only projects (since three invites doesn't leave enough options to choose from, especially if one or more freelancers decline). Ten invitations WOULD be more reasonable. 

The three-invite policy hurts clients, hurts freelancers, and hurts Upwork. It doesn't make any sense. 

Jess G Member Since: Oct 21, 2016
15 of 17

I used to get multiple invitations to interview per day.

Now?

Close to none.

Funny how it's coincided with the new Connects policy, where we have to pay to apply...

Not a fan of these changes at all.

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
16 of 17
It didn't necessarily coincide with the Connects policy, but rather, the new client plans.
In any case, you can be more successful on Upwork with little or no invites.
Jess G Member Since: Oct 21, 2016
17 of 17

It seems to me that all the changes have been implemented to push freelancers in the direction of purchasing as many Connects as possible.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS