🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No, it has not been "one year" since I have b...
Page options
petra_r
Community Member

No, it has not been "one year" since I have been top rated

I have been top rated from day one when the scheme was intoduced and never dropped out, so why in the world do I get some mass e-mail (sort of) signed by the CEO congratulating me on one year of being top rated?

Seriously, what the hell?

one year.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

YOU DID IT! GRATS

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
lysis10
Community Member

YOU DID IT! GRATS

petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

YOU DID IT! GRATS

LOL, I was bleeping top rated from day one for years so it scares the hell out of me to think that the same automated bot sends out random nonsense mails pretending to be from the CEO stating that it has been a year (when it has been years) as determins other things on my profile.

It does no harm of course, but it does demonstrate a staggering level of automation-fail...

Undoubtedly part of the same system that routinly re-notifies me that I've reached 10% or 5% with clients who have been at that level for months.

Does anybody remember that old, old SNL news skit?

"And in other news, Generalissimo Franco is still dead."

I have a feeling we'll all be congratulated on April 4, 2020 for having reached one year as Top Rated! Yay us 🙂

melaniekhenson
Community Member

I got the same email this morning. I can't remember how long it's been since I became Top Rated. I didn't keep track. 

Melanie H wrote:

I got the same email this morning.

And there I was, thinking I am special... lol

Petra R wrote:

Melanie H wrote:

I got the same email this morning. I can't remember how long it's been since I became Top Rated. I didn't keep track.

And the I was, thinking I am special lol

You are special! You've been Top Rated for one year!

One apparently very, very, very, very, very long year.

Like, a Jupiter year or something.

I am really wondering now how many of us got this email today...

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I've been TR since my 17th week of having a JSS (about two years ago) and I didn't get any stinkin' email. And on top of that, I'm gonna have to pay 15 cents for every connect, once my stockpile runs out (which I can't figure out when that will be be, since I hardly ever use more than six in a month). Next thing we know, they'll unveil a new badge we can buy with connects.

nicolas_arbelaez
Community Member

I also got this "you're a superstar" message, and have been top rated since the program exists too. I also received the first payment aniversary email yesterday, and thought maybe a glitch in the system somehow linked both things.

Nicolas A wrote:

I also got this "you're a superstar" message, and have been top rated since the program exists too. I also received the first payment aniversary email yesterday, and thought maybe a glitch in the system somehow linked both things.

I'll bet what's happening is that this is a new auto-email thingie, and it's just initially doing it for anyone who's been around for at least one year.

But obviously there's a glitch since we couldn't all have started on the same day, no matter which year that was.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Petra and others,

Sorry about this. We have a number of freelancer reporting the same problem to customer support as well. We're investigating why these emails were sent by mistake and will make sure it's corrected.

~ Valeria
Upwork
dprastiningtyas
Community Member

Hi, Petra! Funny enough, I received the same email last night stating that it has been a year since I am a Top Rated Freelancer. While in reality,  I was granted the Top Rated badge in Nov 2018. Teehee. Unless the calendar calculation now changes and I do not notice, apparently Nov 2018 to April 2019 is already 1 year. Hahahaha.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members