Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

No job accept, although I submitted 10+ proposals and completed jobs with good reviews

vhora_khushbu
Active Member
Khushboo P Member Since: Apr 30, 2018
1 of 8

I am facing the issue with my profile. I submitted more than 10 proposals, and my profile visibility is "public". My profile view is 1 only from past few months. I previously worked through Upwork and successfully completed the jobs with good reviews. I am not sure why I am not getting any jobs or invitations.

 

Please help!

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

 

salima-noorani
Ace Contributor
Salima N Member Since: Aug 13, 2020
2 of 8

Khushboo P wrote:

I am facing the issue with my profile. I submitted more than 10 proposals, and my profile visibility is "public". My profile view is 1 only from past few months. I previously worked through Upwork and successfully completed the jobs with good reviews. I am not sure why I am not getting any jobs or invitations.

 

Please help!

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

 


The graph shows the profile views till Jan 4. The snapshot you shared shows 9 Jobs. Out of these nine 4 Jobs are taken into account while calculating your statistic between Dec 28 and Jan 4.1 job is dated 25th Dec so it's excluded. The statistic of the remaining 4 Jobs will be calculated later. 

 

Have patience. It will take time but eventually, you will get hired. Don't lose hope. Keep trying.

 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 8

Khushboo, the "profie views" don't include views that result from proposals, only views that result from search results.

 

10 proposals is nothing nowadays. Upwork has become fiercely competitive  over the past 12 months, you'll really have to up your game to compete these days as the platform is drowning in freelancers due to the pandemic.

 

salima-noorani
Ace Contributor
Salima N Member Since: Aug 13, 2020
4 of 8

Petra R wrote:

Khushboo, the "profie views" don't include views that result from proposals, only views that result from search results.

 

10 proposals is nothing nowadays. Upwork has become fiercely competitive  over the past 12 months, you'll really have to up your game to compete these days as the platform is drowning in freelancers due to the pandemic.

 


What about the views that our profile gets after we submit a proposal? Is there a separate stat for that or there isn't any?  

 

When I was inactive for a month my profile views were zero. But when I started submitting proposals again the profile views started to rise. So I thought there is a correlation between them.

 

So is it when we submit more proposals we come up in the search more often?.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 8

Salima N wrote:

So is it when we submit more proposals we come up in the search more often?.


Yes. (Well, among other things. How often you show towards the top of search results is determined by a bunch of things, including your metrics, and search results are rotated anyway.)

 

Think about it: The people Upwork wants to show to clients in searches are people who are most likely to accept a job, should it be offered. People who rarely apply and maybe never even open their profile for weeks are statistically less likely to be keen on finding a new contract. They are also statistically less likely to respond to an invite to interview, which results in a poor client experience. So when we apply this signals to the algorithm that we are available and keen on winning work, so we show higher in the searches.

 

I go long periods of time when I rarely (or even never) apply because I am busy with existing clients, but every single time when I send a few proposals because I have some unexpected capacity, it invariably triggers some invites.

 

bevcam
Community Leader
Bev C Member Since: Jan 2, 2018
6 of 8

I don't know your field Khushboo but I think it's probably a combo of things right now.

 

Firstly, the time of year - many businesses slow down over the festive season, so things should start picking up again now. Also, the platform has become much more competitive with many more freelancers than in 2019 and prior.

 

What strikes me though is that your hourly rate is really low for the skills you have and that might make clients doubt your profile.

 

Up your rate a bit, keep trying, have patience and I'm sure you'll get hired.

 

Best of luck :-)

vhora_khushbu
Active Member
Khushboo P Member Since: Apr 30, 2018
7 of 8

Thank you for your inputs.

 

Is there anything else we can do from our end to get more invites?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 8

Khushboo P wrote:

Thank you for your inputs.

 

Is there anything else we can do from our end to get more invites?


Apply more and build your profile.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS