🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No job offer
Page options
rosemarieyap
Community Member

No job offer

Hello, I have had this account since Odesk, I just had 2 clients wherein that time they only pay  0.25 cents per hour, since then I haven't received any job offer. I write a cover letter for every application but did not receive any offers I applied for.  Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
amritpal87
Community Member

Hello Rosemarie E

In this movement, new freelancers have .2% chances to get hired on Upwork

You can try to send cover letter at very late night or very early morning.

Good luck

Thats a nice trick but remember we are dealing with multiple timezones so perhaps you might want to add that into consideration 🙂

349e77ec
Community Member

Hello Rosemarie E 

I have a few suggestions for you

1. Try to build a quality profile

2. Keep Updating your skill

3. Understand client requirements and then bid accordingly

I got my first job after submitting 50+ proposals, so don't lose hope.

Best Wishes to you

brendabangalao
Community Member

Yes, build up your profile. I had been laying low in the past few months. I focused on building my profile and learning new skills and once you see you are ready slowly send applications. I suggest only apply to jobs you know you can do so that you won't be wasting your connects and make try to update your cover letter to every application and make it fit to what they are looking. Stop the copy paste. 

dikovhr
Community Member

Hi there, I've worked with hundreds of clients at this point, and what I've found to be the most helpful trick is to take the first step towards the client's project before you even get it. Then write a very short and concise proposal that highlights what you've already done and what the immediate next step is. This way they get the feeling that they are having a running start if they pick you. Hope this helps!

PradeepH

Hi Rosemarie,

Thank you for your message. I see that your profile visibility was set to Private. I have reset your profile visibility to Public now. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
calado-marco
Community Member

Hi Rosemarie.

I've noticed that your profile is not public, there's a post here on the forum by Venkatesan regarding that issue: 

"My profile is private and i want to make it public.."

Reach out to a moderator to fix that

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths