Okay... I just took a look and saw the recommended button. I never noticed that before. Clicked on it. Sorry oDesk, but I can see what the others here are complaining about. The jobs there are definitely old an of little interest to me.
It is not clear to me why there is both a job feed and a recommended list.
This feature is completely broken. Mine shows jobs from 12+ days ago, but much worse, none of them fit my skill set. I.e. the first one is for entry level IT Engineering job in Beirut. I am neither an engineer and nothing on profile would possibly suggest that, nor am I located in Beirut, nor do I work for entry level rates.
I really wish oDesk would stop trying to be a matchmaker and focus on it's core - providing a stable platform for freelancers and clients alike. If the recommended jobs feature is this broken, how does the best fit one work?
The solution to your problem is so simple that I wonder why you even needed to ask. All you need to do is this:
1) attend a college or university at which you will earn a joint degree in both IT engineering and transtemporal engineering
2) use your new-found engineering skills to build a device which can transport an individual through time and space.
3) travel to Beirut while simultaneously travelling to the epoch during which this job posting was relevent and still hiring
4) while traveling through time, be careful to avoid doing anything that either (a) prevents your parents from meeting and falling in love with each other, or (b) in any way suggests to oDesk that you are your own client
5) separate yourself from the notion that you should be paid more than entry-level wages for your IT engineering skills
I keep looking at the recommended job in attempt to figure out what could've prompted oDesk to think it's a fit and the only answer I could come up with is that 1. I do work in the field of "IT" or enterprise software, and 2. I am from Berlin which has a similar amount of letters as Beirut. ~50% of the letters match and they both start with a capital B followed by an e, so that should be more than enough to get a recommendation.
I don't care so much for this feature or it getting fixed, I just hope it's not the same algorithm that decides who is a good fit for a job and who isn't.
May I suggest you update your profile title to provide more information about what jobs you are able to complete for clients on Upwork. Also, you can try saving some searches after applying appropriate filters:
I hope this helps.