🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No jobs , don't know the reason
Page options
cd10ca1d
Community Member

No jobs , don't know the reason

Hey everyone,

I've started using Upwork in June 2020. Since then I got two jobs and I completed them successfully. Now I've submitted more than 50 proposals but no response. The jobs archived or no response. I don't know what's the problem. I can understand the competition thing and all but there is 0 response.
I'm worried. Please guide me.
Regards,
Nida
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
numbsain
Community Member

Hi Nida, I'm not the final expert on this but i do have over 250 jobs. so if you send me one of the archived jobs or an example of how you write your proposals I might be able to give you some pointers. One thing to remember is that, even though the tendency is to say "I can do X" or "I know how to do Y," clients don't want to hear that, they want to hear about what they will get and how they will benefit.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
joansands
Community Member

Nida - Improve your profile. For instance, you don't have to start out saying your name and wasting the first sentence because your name is at the top of the page and everyone will know who you are. In effect, you are saying the profile reader is too stupid to know what your name is.

Thank you, Joan
Let's see, I hope this will help

Big improvement, Nida. And do add the other things you can do. Just really emphasize what you can do for a client and don't talk much about yourself. And remember that the first two sentences are the most important because many people won't read beyond that.

allergywriter
Community Member

You are a little limited because you only work with WIX. Might think about expanding your skill set to learn new platforms. There's nothing wrong with having a niche, as long as it's a niche that people are using.

Dear Cheryl,
I can work on other platforms as well like wordpress, adobe photoshop etc.
I'll add up them as well.

Thanks 😊

First, your written English is not fluent. It is stilted and does not flow easily. Your spoken English may be fluent, I don't know. Your claim of fluent English would put me off.

I've bought about a dozen websites over the past dozen years. Which platforms you use is, I'm sure, a common topic of conversation in your home. It is not in mine. I don't care what the website uses, I care what it does. This is a common problem selling to business people. You want to talk tech and expect me to give you money. I want to talk function, feel, and what it looks like, and I'm the one with the money. Tech types don't have budgets; business types do. Talk to me, not to your peers. I hire people to understand the tech. The last website developer I hired tried to low-ball a bid because she wasn't getting any work. I told her I had to pay her an extra $50 for her price to be the same as the rest of the finalists. I pay her to do website maintenance and monitoring, whether she does any work that month or not. I sleep better knowing that's one thing I don't need to worry about.

Talk to generic business needs. Don't obsess over short dry spells, or not having a perfect JSS, or any of the other unimportant details.

Good luck.

Thank you for your suggestions Mr.Bill.
I really wanted a client to see my profile and give me a suggestion for improvement. Mr.Bill I am fluent in speaking and now I will work on my writing skills as well.
numbsain
Community Member

Hi Nida, I'm not the final expert on this but i do have over 250 jobs. so if you send me one of the archived jobs or an example of how you write your proposals I might be able to give you some pointers. One thing to remember is that, even though the tendency is to say "I can do X" or "I know how to do Y," clients don't want to hear that, they want to hear about what they will get and how they will benefit.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members