🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No longer Top Rated?
Page options
pemanchola
Community Member

No longer Top Rated?

I am no longer Top Rated because I don't have a Social Account linked. Are you joking @Upwork? I don't use social media, especially not these:

10 REPLIES 10
lysis10
Community Member

Is that really what it said? I don't think that's a requirement. I would never link my social media accounts to Upwork. They're personal stuff. And I'm top rated. This is probably something else like your profile isn't 100%?

Jennifer, That is exactly what it said. Screenshot attached.

Even the help article references adding a social account. I guess Upwork really wants access to our social accounts.

Patrice M wrote:

Jennifer, That is exactly what it said. Screenshot attached.

That image shows them making a suggestion to add 10% to profile completeness. I took some tests to get to 100%. That wouldn't be there if your profile was at 100%, so that's why you lost TR.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patrice,

Please note that connecting Upwork to a social media account isn't a requirement for a 100% profile. Please check this help article for more information about the ways to achieve 100% profile completeness. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan, I meet all of the requirements in the Help Article and then some. The message on my home page, however, directs me to link a social account. And the person who responded to my Help ticket also directed me to link a social account.

Hi Patrice,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you have an open ticket regarding your Top Rated badge. Kindly, allow time for our team to carefully review your account and respond to the ticket. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Patrice M wrote:

I am no longer Top Rated because I don't have a Social Account linked. Are you joking @Upwork? I don't use social media, especially not these:

That has nothing to do with being top rated. I have no social accounts linked and am top rated. 

pemanchola
Community Member

I figured out what happened. I received the notification that Skills Test will be removed from profiles and I decided to no longer display skills test results on my profile. When I went back and added ODesk Readiness test results to display on my profile once again, my profile moved to 100% complete, which restores Top Rated.

It seems to me that when the Skills Test are removed from profiles, I will once again be faced with this issue, regardless of this advisory from Upwork:
"Skills tests are being removed on July 9th. Freelancers who took skill tests previously will not have their profile completion percentages affected by this change."

Patrice M wrote:

It seems to me that when the Skills Test are removed from profiles, I will once again be faced with this issue, regardless of this advisory from Upwork:
"Skills tests are being removed on July 9th. Freelancers who took skill tests previously will not have their profile completion percentages affected by this change."

No it shouldn't, just leave things as they are. As of now, those skill tests matter. Once they are retired, they no longer will.

Petra R wrote:

Patrice M wrote:

No it shouldn't, just leave things as they are. As of now, those skill tests matter. Once they are retired, they no longer will.

You are right, it shouldn't. However, when working with IT systems, things that "shouldn't" happen sometimes "do" happen. I understand there was a recent issue in which some freelancers should have received their monthly Connects allotment and didn't.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths