🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No longer getting invitations, top rated
Page options
stefanie_taylorg
Community Member

No longer getting invitations, top rated

I have been top rated for over a year. I used to get 3-5 invitations weekly but the past few months I haven't been getting any. My availability is open and my profile is public. I have applied to so many jobs and rarely receive a response. I do not want to lose my top rated status. What is going on?
7 REPLIES 7
bilsim
Community Member

Demand and supply balance may have been affected/changed. It may be just temporary.

tlbp
Community Member

Stefanie G wrote:
I have been top rated for over a year. I used to get 3-5 invitations weekly but the past few months I haven't been getting any. My availability is open and my profile is public. I have applied to so many jobs and rarely receive a response. I do not want to lose my top rated status. What is going on?

Are you at risk for losing your TR status? Not landing gigs doesn't affect your JSS unless you have so few that a score can't be calculated.

Were your earnings marked as private during the period when you were receiving invitations? With your current settings, you aren't going to surface for clients who search using earnings-based criteria. 

Also, I theorize that freelancers who are actively sending proposals are more likely to surface in search. However, I may be mistaken in my observations and assumptions about cause vs correlation. Have you sent any proposals recently?  

I agree with the other response that market forces are playing a role as well. Demand for various goods and services have shifted dramatically over the past 18 months and those changes impact everyone in the supply chain. 

I'm not sure how soon you lose top rated if you don't have money coming in? I wouldn't say I'm going to lose it any time soon but it is on my mind. 

Yes my earnings have always been private. I have been bidding job proposals I have 40 right now that have zero replies. It is a bit frustrating since I used to have new clients pretty often. I feel as if I'm not showing up in searches anymore. I guess it could be the time of year and more people than normal bidding on jobs. It just stinks because this is my full time job and I feel like I'm not getting shown in searches. 

TR requires 12-month earnings of $1,000 or more. 

IMO interest from quality clients with viable clients tends to ebb and flow and it's really difficult to pinpoint which factor(s) are in play at any given time. Might be worth sussing out what you can about how your fellow illustrators are doing on the platform lately. Good luck! 

Definitely, but, my name does not show up when I search it from a client account. My project catalog does not show up when I search. My name is not suggested as top rated when making a job. I don't understand why it seems like I do not exist from the client app.

Stefanie G wrote:

Definitely, but, my name does not show up when I search it from a client account. My project catalog does not show up when I search. My name is not suggested as top rated when making a job. I don't understand why it seems like I do not exist from the client app.

If you do a web search for "Upwork not appearing in search" you'll find past community posts that may answer some of your questions. 

I'm sure it will work itself out. Thanks for the info everyone 😀 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members