🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No longer meeting the 90% and rising talent q...
Page options
imenetalk
Community Member

No longer meeting the 90% and rising talent qualifications ??

Hello,

I woke up last week on a shocking fact about my profile, my success score decreased from 94% to 90% BUT I still have 90% on my profile + the Top rated badge. The issue is when I try to apply to jobs I get red mark that I do not qualify for the condition : minimum 90% job success score and Rising Talent condition ! First of all, I know what got me to this situation (but I knew very late) after closing few old contracts one after the other and having no feedback on them. I tried to get feedback but the clients do not care about it, there isnt much I could do anyway !!!

But why is 90% + Top rated not enough now for those conditions ? It doesn't make sense.

10 REPLIES 10
lysis10
Community Member

heh, I bet you're technically below 90% but the JSS displayed is rounded up. buggggggggg

Jennifer M wrote:

heh, I bet you're technically below 90% but the JSS displayed is rounded up. buggggggggg

Or it's just broken.

I've gotten warnings that I didn't qualify because I wasn't in the United States a couple of times recently.

Well, 89% is still a rising talent, why do I not meet that at least ???

Imene M wrote:

No, 89% doesn't qualify but you would show 89% if you were 89%. What I'm saying is that the JSS shows a whole integer number, but it's probably only for display and you are technically something like 89.9 or something like that, so the display is rounding up.

Basically, it's a bug. But just know that 89 would knock you out of top rated, so if you are top rated you should look into having whatever is bringing you down removed cuz you're really close to getting knocked out.

tlbp
Community Member

Imene M wrote:

Because once you get a JSS, Rising Talent is no longer an option. Now you are in the JSS system, which is different. You are Top Rated and you can use your Top Rated perk to remove the impact of the feedback that you believe dropped your score. It may drop out on its own at the end of November if your JSS for the 12-month calculation window in better than your 24-month one. 

imenetalk
Community Member

There is no feedback that dropped my score. Everything is already removed 1
month ago.

tlbp
Community Member

Then your calculation window has changed. You probably don't have enough scores in your 6-month window to calculate it and now your score is based on the 12-month window which includes that 4-star from November. Since you have already used your perk, you will have to live with the score and hope that you perform well on current and future contracts. 

See explanation below:

The contracts included in your JSS calculation may change with the passage of time.
There are three time-based calculation windows for determining your JSS. If you have a sufficient number of closed contracts within the calculation window that reflects your best score, this JSS will be displayed. 

If you do not have enough completed contracts within a particular window to calculate a JSS, your window will be expanded. This longer calculation period may include negative outcomes that were not represented in the shorter window. The result is that your JSS may drop even when you have closed no contracts or had only positive outcomes in the most recent 2-week period. If you have bad contract outcomes in your 12- or 24-month history, make sure you are landing new gigs and performing them well to keep the 6-month window as your JSS calculation period.

kbadeau
Community Member

You can still apply for those jobs even if you don't meet the requirement. Like I used to apply to jobs that wanted x amount of Upwork hours worked even though I didn't meet the requirement.

Then dazzle them with your proposal and underpromise and overdeliver.

Kelly B wrote:

You can still apply for those jobs even if you don't meet the requirement. Like I used to apply to jobs that wanted x amount of Upwork hours worked even though I didn't meet the requirement.

Then dazzle them with your proposal and underpromise and overdeliver.

Yes, you can still apply - but your proposal could potentially fall into the 'folder of doom' (folder of unsuitable candidates) that upwork basically makes very unobvious to clients and puts any freelancers it decides are not suitable for the job.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imene,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible. 

We appreciate your patience during this period.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members