🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No luck in receiving any response to 20+ ...
Page options
janeen_m
Community Member

No luck in receiving any response to 20+ proposals - open to any help

Hi everyone!

I have been a member of Upwork since March, and have applied to 20+ jobs - most are for simple typing or PDF to excel data entry gigs - and I have not received any responses. I understand I'm obviously not going to get every job I apply for, but 0 for 20+ is a lot.  

How do I know that the employer sees my application as there were a few that I knew I was 100% right for the job (it was in my profession field), that I thought I would have received some sort of response. 

I have recieved 5 interviews for jobs that I did not apply for, but they were jobs that I was either not qualified for or were beyond low paying (ie 50 x 100 word articles for a $10 fixed price). 

Also, I would be very appreciative if someone could look over my profile and let me know if there is anything that I perhaps did incorrectly? 

Thank you in advance for your time,
Janeen 

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Janeen:

Your profile title is "Hire Me For Your Typing Needs."

It doesn't seem to me that you are offering services or skills that are in demand by clients on Upwork at the price point you would like to be paid at.

I think your job-seeking efforts will be better rewarded within your local economy, not online.

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 12.06.19 PM.png

Thank you for your response.  

kat303
Community Member

If you are applying for data entry - typing jobs. ...well, on another site on those kind of jobs and skills there are 200+ freelancers also applying. Is there something unique about your skills that set you apart from those, even 50+ freelancers? Why should the client hire you? If youi have some special niche, or skills then you you should concentrate on that. 

janeen_m
Community Member

Thank you for your response Kathy.

In my proposals, I mention my past experieces that relate to the job opening. For example, one was for a college sports database, and I mentioned I worked in the department of athletics in college, and the fact that I worked at a live sports network. 

I just wonder if proposals are filtered in some way before they get to the employer? 

Thank you again. 

dzadza
Community Member

Janeen M wrote:

Hi everyone!

I have been a member of Upwork since March, and have applied to 20+ jobs - most are for simple typing or PDF to excel data entry gigs - and I have not received any responses. I understand I'm obviously not going to get every job I apply for, but 0 for 20+ is a lot.  

How do I know that the employer sees my application as there were a few that I knew I was 100% right for the job (it was in my profession field), that I thought I would have received some sort of response. 

I have recieved 5 interviews for jobs that I did not apply for, but they were jobs that I was either not qualified for or were beyond low paying (ie 50 x 100 word articles for a $10 fixed price). 

Also, I would be very appreciative if someone could look over my profile and let me know if there is anything that I perhaps did incorrectly? 

Thank you in advance for your time,
Janeen 

Janeen,

I have a history on UW and have applied to 60+ jobs in the past 3 months - and didn't get a single one.  I checked your profile and I think you could also apply to jobs that require updating content on WP - because you're already doing that. Don't concentrate on data entry jobs - there are literally hundreds of thousands freelancers here that will do that for 1/10 of your hourly rate

janeen_m
Community Member

Hi Sanja:

Thank you for your suggestion.  I am timid in looking at jobs like that, as I don't have any code backing, but I can definitely upload content as I do that for my website. I will start looking through those. 

I appreciate your time in responding. 

Janeen M wrote:

Hi Sanja:

Thank you for your suggestion.  I am timid in looking at jobs like that, as I don't have any code backing, but I can definitely upload content as I do that for my website. I will start looking through those. 

I appreciate your time in responding. 

Hi Janeen. Looking at your previous employment the heading for the work that you do does not do you justice (just the opposite). I'd be happy to try and help with your profile, just PM me if you want to.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths