🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No luck with proposals?
Page options
mato0618
Community Member

No luck with proposals?

Not really a question just observation. Not getting any invites, interviews let alone offers.

I’ve played with my profile, adjusted how I do proposals. Nothing.

Well I’m not giving up. Just frustrated. I do think I’ll have to adhere to some of your comments on this forum and be more selective when bidding, and try to figure out what I’m doing that’s not working.

If I can figure it out. I’m going to keep working it though.
4 REPLIES 4
florydev
Community Member

Mattie,

What are you the very best at?

I’m best at processes. Taking what someone is doing manually and automating it. I mainly work in Excel but also Access

Just need to figure out how to relate that piece.

A client comes to you to automate something, what is their biggest worry, what would they want to know from you to assure them you can solve that worry. Write two lines over and over answering that worry with your version of I’ve got this and put the best one on the top of your profile. Simplify your whole profile around that.

In a similar way the first two lines of every proposal should answer how you will smash the clients project.

If they don’t like the first two lines they won’t read any of the rest of it.

I think you have had good success and you may be in a slow time and their might not be any good reason for it.
tlbp
Community Member

Mattie O wrote:
I’m best at processes. Taking what someone is doing manually and automating it. I mainly work in Excel but also Access

Just need to figure out how to relate that piece.

If you can figure out how to do that using AirTable, you'll be golden. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths