Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not receiving message notifications from current client

Vitaliy K Member Since: Dec 10, 2018
41 of 46
Hi

I'd like to mention that when you say "most cases discussed on this
thread..." was not my case. I never opened the message on any of my devices.
One of your collegues agreed it was an Upwork system issue. Never got a
follow-up on it though so don't know if it was resolved. But anyways never
got same issue afterwards.
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
42 of 46

It is now overworking for me. I answered a client's invitation (as usual for the wrong language pair, but sometimes I will answer and act as go -between for another freelancer).

I have a message still flashed up in my message room and as far as I know I have answered all messages. There seems to be no correlation between client and indicator. Many of my clients (and, messily, non-clients) are showing as online in the client section. 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
43 of 46

I had a quick job over the weekend and everytime the client messaged me, my phone showed 5-7 messages when there was only one.  Sigh.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
44 of 46

Hi Kim, Nichola and Mary,

Could you please send me a PM with more details about the messages you`re referring and the client's names? I will escalate it further and once we (Moderators) have more details we will update the thread. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
45 of 46

Goran,

I would love to send you more details. But there is nothing to show except that I had a message showing and I hadn't a clue if it was one I had answered or not. This has now been supplanted by a genuine message, so I no longer have anything to show. 

However, the present message showed as  two messages , when it was just one. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
46 of 46

Thank you for the follow up Nichola,

Our team will create a ticket and send it to our engineering team. If our team needs more details they will reach out to you on your ticket directly.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS