cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No message notifications

Vitaliy K Member Since: Dec 10, 2018
1 of 46

Hello Upwork,

I am writing after contacting your customer support, who suggested me to post my issue here as well.

A couple of days ago I got an issue with message notifications. I missed important messages from my client because I didn't get any email neither web notification (no bell icon). I only saw the message when I opened the chat, even there, no notifications for new messages on the left panel on list of clients.

Customer support agent said it might be because of system maintenance. I understand that you improve your system and this may happen from time to time.

But, honestly, this is the second time I miss important messages because of this issue. And I think I should get a better service especially since you charge me a fee on my every project.

Lee M Member Since: Jun 30, 2014
2 of 46

It looks like no one has reponded to your post, I wonder why?

I have experienced the same problem for some time now. The Support Center looks at the screen shots I send, seem to fix the problem in the short term, but then it happens again. While searching the forums for similar issues, I saw a wise post that suggested we, as freelancers, should not rely on the notification system to let us know when clients are trying to communicate with us. You make a good point, however, that we do pay a fee to Upwork and should expect the technology to work consistently. 

Let's find out if this post gets a reponse...

Jeannie S Member Since: Nov 28, 2018
3 of 46

I have had multiple instances over the last several months when I am not receiving email notifications when a message from a client has been sent to me about an on-going project. My notifications are on and the problem is intermittent so I tend to think the problem is an Upwork system issue. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, were you able to correct it. 

Heorhii H Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
4 of 46

I experience the same issue now and then.

Ace Contributor
Joseph M Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 46

This happened to me and a client of mine as well.  For me, the issue seemed to be that I had the message active either on the desktop or mobile app, or in a web browser.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 46

Hi Jeannie and Heorhii,

Are you also experiencing this using the mobile app?

-Joanne
Untitled
7 of 46

Hi. I don't use the mobile app and the Upwork window is not open when I experience this issue. It occurred twice yesterday. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 46

Hi Jeannie, 

Could you please share which clients sent you a message (by sharing their Contract IDs), which you didn't get a notification for? 

-Avery
Untitled
9 of 46

Happening most often with contract ID 21162909.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 46

Hi Jeannie,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further, thank you for following up. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS