cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new clients

Julia B Member Since: Dec 7, 2017
1 of 5

This isn't so much a problem that can be fixed as it is that I just need to vent but I'm feeling really frustrated because I haven't gotten a single new client in over two weeks now. I can usually survive off of sending a few proposals in per month and taking inbound leads but this month I've probably sent out over 40 proposals without picking up a single client. 

Is there something wrong with my profile? Is it just a slow month for everyone? What is wrong with me?

Even if clients respond to my proposals, I don't get hired. Any advice for landing a gig once you've moved into the interview phase?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
2 of 5

Julia, read this thread which was originated by a buyer.  It will answer your question.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/My-proposals-are-archived/td-p/547356

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 5

@wendy_writes wrote:

Julia, read this thread which was originated by a buyer.  It will answer your question.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/My-proposals-are-archived/td-p/547356

Thumbs up, Wendy ... I was going to suggest that we all start plastering this link all over the place and in every response we reply to, regardless of the subject matter. The more the merrier.

Julia B Member Since: Dec 7, 2017
4 of 5

This is very informational and I didn't know about archived proposals but that doesn't seem to be the problem! I think I'm just doomed to never work again at this point. 

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
5 of 5

When you move to the $50 per hour price point, you are targeting a different client than at the lower rates. So, if your price change is recent, you may have to adjust your pitch. Also, your general profile opens with a greeting then skips a line before you begin with the substance of your pitch. Clients only see the first few lines of your summary when browsing proposals--so they may only be seeing your greeting. 

Re-format your content to suit the medium and make the most out of those first two lines. Smiley Happy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS