🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » No notifications if it's declined or intervie...
Page options
mgsjr2
Community Member

No notifications if it's declined or interview invitation.

I applied several job post but no notifications if it's declined or if there's an interview invitation. This was happening before but I just ignored it. Now I tried but still the same. Anyone who can help me please?

9 REPLIES 9
tlsanders
Community Member

That's pretty standard. Most clients won't contact you unless they're interested in hiring you, and many never get around to closing their jobs when they hire someone else. It's best just to bid and then forget about it unless you hear from the client.

mgsjr2
Community Member

Thanks for the reply Tiffany. I was getting a reply even though it's declined and this problem has been on going. I just ignored it because maybe it's true like what you've said. But I saw some online workers here who has the same problem as I do. That's why I started to ask here.
aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manuel, 

You may check your Archived Proposals page (Find Work > Proposals > Archived), to know which clients declined your proposals, or which clients closed their job posts. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mgsjr2
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Job is closed. The other one expired. Isn't it there should be a notification? If you haven't told me about the "Archived" , I wouldn't know it's closed and expired.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manuel,

Note that we don't send notifications when a job gets closed or in case it expires.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
mgsjr2
Community Member

Hi Vladimir,

Please check this attachment. This came from my Upwork account. It shows declined notifications.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manuel,

That is expected, since we do notify freelancers in case their proposal is declined, which is a different process from closing a job or a job expiring.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
mgsjr2
Community Member

Hi Vladimir,

Then I will always have to check "Archived" ? Am I right?

Hi Manuel,

Please do check in your Archived Proposals page to see if a job expired or was closed.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths