cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one replied to my 42 proposals, there is no one message within 60 days

shereefaboasy
Active

I am a new freelance medical writer here on upwork, but I have been working as a freelance medical writer for more than 3,5 years on Fiverr..

I got only one job here, after that no one invites me, even replied to my 42 proposals.

 

It can be strange, disappointing thing since it had been 60 days with no one order or even one message.I explained my experience on my profile page.I put a professional photo, I uploaded many works. I used a specialized profile also, I keep sending proposals  and my gig field is required.

The results are no orders.

I wanna know how can I resolve that!!!

Is that normal about the freelance field-generally?

 

I swear that my proposals are perfect.

I gave up this job honestly..

69 REPLIES 69
martina_plaschka
Community Guru

You claim your English is native level, but that is clearly not the case. Your overview is convoluted and rambling, nothing that tells me you will write an engaging, captivating article. 

You have huge competition from native English speakers. Clean up your profile, it is boring and not engaging. I expect a writer's overview to dazzle me with their words. You are falling short.

Even your forum posts should be a testament to your flawless English and perfect writing skills. 

I wanna know how can I resolve that!!! Really? Come on, you can do better. 

pradeephele
Moderator
Moderator

Hi Shereef,

 

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

 

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

 

Thank you

Pradeep

Untitled

Can you re_check my profile and tell me which part exactly is not good!😅

Just for your information, On fiverr, I got 24 excellent feedbacks! So?


Shereef A wrote:

Can you re_check my profile and tell me which part exactly is not good!😅

Just for your information, On fiverr, I got 24 excellent feedbacks! So?


If you have had success on another platform, why not focus your attention there? I am going to assume that it is because using Upwork would offer some kind of benefit in terms of clients or fees. But, you must understand that if Upwork offers more opportunity to freelancers in comparison to other platforms, it will also attract more competitive freelancers. 
A freelancer's ability to land gigs is not dependent solely on their skills but on their skills relative to the other freelancers who are competing for the same gigs. 

2a05aa63
Community Guru

The grammar.

If you check the portfolio  with the use of ( Grammarly) you won't find any mistakes 😊😊


Shereef A wrote:

If you check the portfolio  with the use of ( Grammarly) you won't find any mistakes 😊😊


I did. Even in this post there are two. Think of me as your client. I point out mistakes to you, you deny them. That is not a winning strategy. 

Okay 

My profile views are only one 

Only one person viewed my profile 😅


Shereef A wrote:

Okay 

My profile views are only one 

Only one person viewed my profile 😅


Obviously not, because we all managed to read it. Those statistics aren't reliable. 


Shereef A wrote:

Okay 

My profile views are only one 

Only one person viewed my profile 😅


FYI, the My Stats page only shows how often clients viewed your profile after finding your profile through freelancer search, so it doesn't prove only 1 person has ever viewed your profile.
Just so you know I looked at it, the last sentence of your overview should be rewritten so it looks something like this (I've capitalized the differences):
Don't hesitate to ask me to write FOR you, just contact me and LEAVE the hard work TO me

Grammarly might not find anything wrong with the original, but it's incorrect in terms of the meaning of the sentence.

__________________________________________________
"No good deed goes unpunished." -- Clare Boothe Luce

Shereef A wrote:

Okay 

My profile views are only one 

Only one person viewed my profile 😅


Views only count when they come from a search. Everybody here didn't search your profile, just clicked on it from your post.

Okay 

You know, many people work on Upwork as a medical writer whose language is not perfect and I may surpass them. They gained thousands of dollars here.

I think it is just bad luck.

If my language wasn't good, many clients on Fiverr would not hire me to write for them and they wouldn't appreciate my work specifically they are Americans and British people 🙂

Am I right!

I appreciate your talk and your opinion, but I just put my thoughts in written words...


Shereef A wrote:

Okay 

You know, many people work on Upwork as a medical writer whose language is not perfect and I may surpass them. They gained thousands of dollars here.

I think it is just bad luck.

If my language wasn't good, many clients on Fiverr would not hire me to write for them and they wouldn't appreciate my work specifically they are Americans and British people 🙂

Am I right!

I appreciate your talk and your opinion, but I just put my thoughts in written words...


You came here and asked why no one was hiring you. Your profile says you are native/bilingual in English. You are not. You think you are, but native English speakers and writers are explaining to you that you are overestimating your skills. This is very likely the reason you are not getting hired. I am also a client, and I can tell you that your English writing competency is not good. It may have passed for you just fine on Fiverr, but this is not Fiverr. It is unlikely you are going to find work here writing in English. 

 

If you think it's just bad luck then why come here and ask? 

 

As to others who have earned money as medical writers, considering that you cannot properly assess your own skills, why do you think you are an appropriate judge of someone's? There is a big difference between English not being perfect and being broken. Yours is conversational at best. You think it is equal to native. 

 

I suggest you rethink what services you are offering because I do not think you will get hired as a medical writer in English. 

Just for your information, I delivered three medical articles in English to a client here on upwork , he appreciated that and got his satisfaction.😊

Just wish me good luck .

Are you talking about the $50 job? Yes, certainly you can find work if you compete by offering the very lowest prices. 

 

Again, you've recently sent 42 proposals and aren't finding work. You asked why. Yes, anyone can find a client who's willing to pay cheap for work of questionable quality. 

 

Do you want to keep arguing or do you want to land more work? If you are already so great, then why are you even here asking us why you aren't getting work? 


Shereef A wrote:

Just for your information, I delivered three medical articles in English to a client here on upwork , he appreciated that and got his satisfaction.😊


The client's English isn't any better than yours, so they likely have no way of knowing and considering what they pay, they couldn't ask for much anyway.

Why there is no positive comment encouraging me!😅😅


Shereef A wrote:

Why there is no positive comment encouraging me!😅😅


Because you are on the wrong path.

 

Upwork is fiercely competitive, especially when it comes to the writing category. Your English simply isn't good enough for any native audience without extensive editing.

 

There actually *ARE* clients who will pay for non-native subject-matter experts to write about niche topics and then pay for a native editor to fix the English.

 

That would be the kind of clients you may want to attract if you have skills or expert-level knowledge that can't easily be found in the vast pool of native English-speaking freelancers on Upwork.

 

Otherwise, writing in your native language may be an option.


What really isn't an option is claiming skills you demonstrably don't have. It doesn't get you hired and even if it did, sooner or later it leads to trouble.

What were you looking for? Actual reasons as to why no one is hiring you or just well wishes? Because you framed as the former while clearly you are seeking the latter...


Shereef A wrote:

Just wish me good luck .


Okay - good luck.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS