🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No one visit my profile!!!!!
Page options
farrokh-sarram
Community Member

No one visit my profile!!!!!

Hi,

when I registered in Upwork, from the first 10 connects, By chance, I can get a project and everything goes fine. because of this project i verfied my account .BUT

after this project, nothings nothings happen

- I added samples to my portfolio

- create two separate category skills for my profile

-buy many connects

-unique proposal for projects

but afterwhile I get no feedback, no invitations,... and then 80-85% of thoes projects, closed or expired and some of my connects return!!!! 

this Time,

- upgraded my membership to Freelancer Plus

- pass the upwork readiness test

-add again samples to my portfolio and change titles

-change the prosposal types 

-read many proposal tips, winning,... in community of upwork

so with freelancer plus, I have 70 connects , I used all in different projects that I have skill, i can do, BUT AGAIN  nothing happen!!   AND

my profile views show 0 , just today someone , a client that I did not send proposal for his project , visit my profile and hopefully I have one viewer.

SO what happened to all proposal I sent? why no one checked my profile to see I am good or not?

I know I am good at my fields, i have 10 years experience, I worked in many companies.

I think , at least  client must see my profile and after he/she want me to hire or not?? am I right? from 70connects i used??

there is something wrong ??

I did all things you think, I did all ways that said in communities, I lost my energy and really I do not know what to do ....

16 REPLIES 16
tlsanders
Community Member

About half of the clients who hire me never visit my profile, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

really?  thank you for your message

martina_plaschka
Community Member

When somebody visits your profile after receiving a proposal from you, that view is not counted. So, nothing to worry about. 

Your profile is set to private, so you can't be found in search results (somebody looking for a freelancer that has not received a proposal from you).

So everything is working as intended. It would be strange if you HAD views. 

Martina P wrote:

Your profile is set to private. 

It's not . It is set to Upwork users only. 

thank you for info

my profile was set to public and recently I set it to upwork users only.

thank you 

I just tried to view, it says set to private. Perhaps there's a random number generator in use here?

Bill H wrote:

I just tried to view, it says set to private.

No. It does not. It does not say "set to private!" Why would you even write a post stating something that is entirely untrue? It says "Not public" - which is NOT the same as "set to private"!  You even include a screenshot that says something entirely different to what you claim it says?

abject nonsense.png

ANY profile that is set to "Upwork users only" shows like that when clicked on via the forum. Always has been.

Profiles that are set to "Upwork users only" are found by actual Upwork clients the same as profiles set to "public"

They just aren't found by people who are not on Upwork. Or randoms clicking on forum links.

His profile is perfectly visible to anyone logged into Upwork here.

thank you very much for explanation

this is my profile link:

https://www.upwork.com/fl/farrokhsarram

I've had only 3 invitations and no new clients in the past month. It happens. There are way too many freelancers on Upwork and not enough jobs for everyone. Find other ways to market yourself and don't rely on Upwork as your only source of income.

Hi Everyone, I am new to upwork.. my name is Angelique and I recently set my profile to ''upwork users only'' as previously it was set to public. As such, I need a confirmation that my profile can be seen or viewed by you as sice I registered until now still nothing happening!? What must I do ?

Many Thanks

Angelique R wrote:

As such, I need a confirmation that my profile can be seen or viewed by you as sice I registered until now still nothing happening!? What must I do ?

Your profile is perfectly visible but no client will view the profile of a data entry freelancer with a rate of $100 per hour. That simply doesn't happen and never will.

Data entry is by far the most overcrowded and most lowly paid category on the platform. 

Hi Petra,

Many thanks for your response. I truly appriciate same.

Well noted with regards to the price rate. As such, for you what would you consider a good rate for this post ?

I recently changed my rate to 50, shall that do ?

Many Thanks

Angelique R wrote:

Many thanks for your response. I truly appriciate same.

Well note for the price rate. As such, for you what would you consider a good rate for this post ?

I recently changed my rate to 50, shall that do ?

You do understand that your profile rate is the rate you expect to be paid PER HOUR, not per project, right?

Do you usually charge your non-Upwork clients $ 50 PER HOUR or $ 100 PER HOUR ?

Most data entry jobs pay in single digits (per hour).

Am sorry, as I said am fairly new to this whole set-up.

If you refering to my non-upwork as in an offshore office.. then yes fees were more and different then.

Could you please give me an indication of an example of some sort for a price rate ? ( 8.00) shall do ?. I would truly appriciate it!

With Thanks

???

Angelique R wrote:

???

Angelique, nobody can tell you what to charge. Maybe take a look at the profiles of other freelancers in the same category, with similar profiles from the same location and see what they charge. Also, understand that your profilke rate is an hourly rate for hourly contracts and that your project rate is the price you charge for the whole project, which are clearly two entirely different matters.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths